Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just aquired my first Versys, love the bike. Coming off 30,000 km on an ER6N though I have to admit I'm still a little bit awkward in stop and start traffic as I can't flat foot. 95% of the time I am cool with one foot down but 5% of the time I get caught off balance (city traffic in Inonesia is like a gladiator arena).

So I am sure this question has been asked a lot but forgive and indulge me: what is the best way to lower the seat by an inch without having to do anything radical? I love the way the bike handles - the ride is smooth, comfortable, and the way it swoops thru the curves has me grinning into my full face helmet!

I don't want the handling to change..

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah, that kit looks great. Was getting excited, then I noticed it's only for non ABS bikes. :( BUt thanks anyway, good to know.

I might take it into the dealers and ask their mechanics if they've done one.. This must be a common problem in Indonesia as people are generally shorter LOL

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
Cool thank you for that.

Is it stepped (i.e. do you have options as to how far you go down? it says on the site 1.85" , but can you go down say just one inch?)

How did it affect ground clearance (stupid question but just checkling) and the handling? I do like the view from up there :) !
Not stepped. No clearance issues and some report better handling, I noticed no difference in handling at all. I also lowered the front by raising the forks as well. Not mentioned on instructions, when you install don't forget to check your chain for proper slack. Mine got tighter, some say thier's was OK. A quick check is best. :thumb:

·
Registered
224 Posts
Lowering

I have installed the lowering kit and lowered the front. PLUS installed a HyperPro 1 inch lowering
spring over the rear shock. Works great.

Cb

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks Jim, I still have some black powder coating & paint to apply. That Calico paint is from the accumulation of Versys & Ninja parts.

·
Registered
99 Posts
:D Thanks for the link WELJO2001. I just pulled the trigger for the speedy lowering kit. Its done now... first modification officially ordered. 16 tooth front sprocket next. Then some seat work. Man this forum is great! :yeahsmile:

·
Registered
99 Posts
In case anyone is wondering "why" I'm 5'8 with a 28 inseam. Have been getting blown around by the wind at stoplights. I'll give my opinions on this modification after next weekend. Probably take a week to get it, and I'll need the next weekend after I get it to install it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts