Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done it on a versys or other street bike? Id like to buy a spring and just drop the back. My last bike was an 06 Sportster R and it cornerned well enough for me. I ride easy and if it makes the bike less sporty and more cruiser like thats okay as long as it doesn't make the bike horrible. I had brain surgery last feb. so stability is more important than performance, I lost all balance and am slowly improving it. Thanks.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I suggest you use Speedy's lowering kit:
http://motowerk.com/Versys.aspx
The kit will lower the seat height about 1 5/8".

Make sure you also get the Flatfoot kit to shorten the kickstand. Otherwise, the bike won't stay on the stand after it's been lowered.

The bike should be lowered both front and back to keep the suspension balanced. And the seat height will come down a little when the front is lowered.

BTW, you can also lower the seat height around 1.5" by trimming the seat a bit. And, make the seat more comfortablel by trimming and inserting a WalMart gel pad (from their automotive department).

·
Registered
13 Posts
I lowered only the rear. Didn't lower the front end. The handling didn't change much at all. Not quite as sharp in the corners, but it may be a little more stable in a straight line. I lowered it for my girlfriend, she is happy.
Don't forget the flatfoot.

·
Premium Member
7,850 Posts
I think Ninja 650 spring will fit the V but about 1" short. ( Not sure) and you will need to drop the front a bit to get the bike balanced out.

KIWI 41 has a ninja spring on his V. Otherwise go www.motowerk .com.

:goodluck: and get well soon.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I lowered just the rear with the MotoWerk kit. You definitely gain a little more straight-line stability and lose a little quickness in cornering, but it's just a little. I haven't had any problems with turn-ins since lowering the rear and I'm happy with the mod.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the replies. I am probably going for the shorter spring instead of the bracket. Either way Im dropping the back to check it out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts