Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yesterday I took my kid on a two hour ride on the highway. I have to say the bike impressed me riding two up. The bike is more stable in the wind with the added weight (he's about 115 lbs.).

I dropped him off at his destination and returned home solo. The bike wanders on the highway a little more with just one person but I also noticed more wind. I assume that, with the kid on board, the back end of the bike sunk a bit and my head was lower in relation to the windscreen than when riding solo. I lowered my head a little on the ride back and it was a lot quieter. The only problem with that is it doesn't feel natural to ride hunched over for an extended period of time.

I have a Givi screen positioned as high as it will go on the Madstad bracket. I don't want a taller screen because, well, I think they're butt fugly. It occurred to me that the solution might be to get lower handlebars, almost straight across with no rise. I don't mind more of a sport bike riding position because I lean forward to go around corners anyway.

I searched past forums but couldn't find anything conclusive on lower bars. Any suggestions?

I guess the other solution is to find a 115 lb. weight to put on the back of the bike. Where's that hot blonde when I need her?

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Mine wandered horribly on the OEM rubber...Put on Pirelli Diablo Stradas and no more wandering.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts