Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,
I just got my new 09 green V. I love it but would like to look for the best way to lower the bike so I feel more confidence paddeling it.
From reading the forum it looks like a combination of the lowering kit and a low seat will do the job. Am i right?
What should I get and where from?
If I get the lowering kit, can I get it profecionnaly installed? I am located in orange county CA.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Speedy's kit is awesome, and he's a member with a Versys.

http://motowerk.com/LoweringKit.aspx

It's easy to install, but if you don't want to tackle it yourself, I'm sure your local shop could do it.

And there are a few different seat options. There is a low gel seat, and if memory serves, there might be one for sale in our classifieds. And the Corbin is a little lower than stock, but a little pricier.

·
Premium Member
7,777 Posts
All,
I just got my new 09 green V. I love it but would like to look for the best way to lower the bike so I feel more confidence paddeling it.
From reading the forum it looks like a combination of the lowering kit and a low seat will do the job. Am i right?
What should I get and where from?
If I get the lowering kit, can I get it profecionnaly installed? I am located in orange county CA.
Lower the bike using speedy's lowering kit, then use the bike for a few rides before you tackle the seat issue.

This way you might safe some $ as I did the seat first and than lower the bike with lowering kit than did back the seat, which was double work.

:goodluck:

:cheers:

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Speedys kit sounds like the bees knees around here, don't do what previous owner of my V did to lower it, replace rear shock with inferior ninja spring, this did lower the bike by a inch but now have no damping adjustment

1 - 5 of 5 Posts