Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of getting the Speedys lowering links but worried about ground clearance. Anyone with the links have any scrapping or handling issues? thanks

·
Premium Member
9,115 Posts
I have a 30 inch inseam, had Speedy's link for about 3 years, plus numerous other parts made by him, everything he makes, is basically equal to or better than OEM. I can flat foot, and if I suddenly grew taller, I would continue to leave the bike lowered. Hope that helps:interesting:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replys. Doing it more for wifey.Shes having a hard time climbing on at 5' 3" I'm 5' 8" and can't flat foot. I don't mind it 1 up but riding 2 up can get a little tricky. Did you slide up the fork tubes and how much??

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just ordered the Sargent low seat. I'm hoping that will do the trick. I have a rear tire hugger and I'm afraid it might hit with the lowering link. Thanks all for your replys.

·
Registered
78 Posts
:)
does not change the tire to hugger clearance
it raises the swingarm relative to the frame, but since the hugger is attached to the swingarm, they move as a unit
I have hugger + lowering link and there is no interference

RCF

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks rcfield,that's good to know. I was thinking the hugger might hit the under side of the bike on big bumps while riding 2 up. Did you have to cut your hugger for the lowering link?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts