Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I'm thinking about lowering a soon to be acquired Versys-X 300. I have a few questions:

• How much can it be lowered without needing a new kickstand?
  • How much can the front forks go up before risers are needed?
  • What lowering kits and adjustable kickstands are people here using?
Thanks!

·
Registered
68 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the information, jspringator!

It turns I'm not going to need to lower the bike after all. I'm sharing the motorcycle with my son, and since he's new to riding motorcycles, I wanted to make sure his feet could be solidly planted on the ground when stopped. I brought the bike home yesterday, and with his riding boots on, it is clear that a lowering kit won't be needed.

I was a little paranoid about the height of the bike as my wife used to have a 2009 Versys 650 that was a touch too tall for her. She stopped on uneven ground, dropped the bike, and broke bones in her foot/ankle. After the incident, I installed a lowering kit, but largely because of the bad memories, she sold it. She now rides a BMW R1200R and loves it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I haven't installed mine yet. I want to see how tall the Russell Sport is. My production date is in August. With an Airhawk, it is a bit too tall.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I lowered one inch and had the kickstand cut 7/8".
At the stock height the kickstand seemed too upright, after lowering it was worse.
Only cost $30 and 20 minutes to complete the cutting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts