Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
GPS or extra gages mount for Versys.

I designed and made a GPS mount that can be easily installed to windshield bracket.
It makes for very sturdy and clean set up. It is machined from 6061-T6 aluminum and is anodized black.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Very Nice.

Do you have any photo's looking at the instrument panel with the GPS on the bike?

What is your price?

Thanks

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi guys
As long as you use original Versys brackets to hold a new wind screen (GIVI or other) you will have NO problem to install a GPS mount.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hi Speedy,

As you know I bought one of your GPS mounts on another forum. I have installed it and it looks and works great. (No pictures yet because I am still working on the wiring.) Great job on the bracket.

-Alan

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Speedy,

I wish you would quit making such fine quality goodies for the Versys. :thumb:

Sent you another PayPal.

jb

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Graham (Hooligan),

I'm here, alive and well. Thank you for asking.
Your GPS Mount is on its way. You should be getting it around Tuesday.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Hi Graham (Hooligan),

I'm here, alive and well. Thank you for asking.
Your GPS Mount is on its way. You should be getting it around Tuesday.
Cool beans! Were you able to drill it for the Zumo mount and if so, what do I owe you for that?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Sorry dude. I don't know the hole patterns for zumo or other GPS units. If I did I would drill them for free. Also there are too many options for the hole locations and I can bet that eventualy guys would not be happy because they would be getting mounts with holes that don't much their units.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Sorry dude. I don't know the hole patterns for zumo or other GPS units. If I did I would drill them for free. Also there are too many options for the hole locations and I can bet that eventualy guys would not be happy because they would be getting mounts with holes tha don't much their units.
I can see that happening! Thanks any way...can't wait to do the install!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hi guys
As long as you use original Versys brackets to hold a new wind screen (GIVI or other) you will have NO problem to install a GPS mount.
I'm a bit confused. Will your setup work with the stock windscreen/brackets also? I added a Laminar Lip to my stock screen and that has proven effective for me, so I'd like to avoid "re-inventing the wheel."

FYI, I'm actually interested in your mount as a way to put in a couple of gauges (volts and water temp.)

Thanks...and beautiful work!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.