Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, ordered speedys lowering kit last week,already have the standard flatfoot on, was wondering if I needed to cut the kickstand now when I install the lowering kit , I didnt have to cut it when I put the flatfoot on last year,just slipped it on.

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
Hi, ordered speedys lowering kit last week,already have the standard flatfoot on, was wondering if I needed to cut the kickstand now when I install the lowering kit , I didnt have to cut it when I put the flatfoot on last year,just slipped it on.
It is recommended to lower the front as well and shorten the kickstand. All of the instructions to do this are on Speedy's sight and many posts here.

·
Premium Member
7,777 Posts
You will need to cut the side stand by at least 1/2" to get the lean angle.
All instruction are on speedy's website.
:goodluck:

·
Super Moderator
18,983 Posts
You will need to cut the side stand by at least 1/2" to get the lean angle.
All instruction are on speedy's website.
:goodluck:
IF you don't, it'll be too upright and tend to fall to the right. :thumbdown:
(Which you WILL NOT like!):mad:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I already have the standard flatfoot on the bike, will I need to get a different flatfoot after cutting kickstand?

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
I already have the standard flatfoot on the bike, will I need to get a different flatfoot after cutting kickstand?
After looking here, if you have the standard flatfoot, yes you will need to buy the Flatfoot for Lowering Kit. You will have to cut some of your kickstand off and just bolt on the new flatfoot. Easy to do, just takes a couple minutes with a hack saw or grinder.

Here's mine. It just snugs up with two screws (& locktite).

P.S. the Flatfoot for lowering kit is model specific... 2010 & newer, and 2009 and previous. Kickstands were redesigned for the 2010 model.

·
Premium Member
7,777 Posts
Not necessary . Just remove about an inch above the flatfoot and weld back. Try to use the existing flatfoot and no need to get another flatfoot. After all it's just a wider base piece of metal.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Alternatively, get a used 'shorter' ER6 (Ninja 650) sidestand off Ebay and keep your original stand.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts