Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

81 - 100 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
My son ordered lowering blocks for my 2011V on Dec 20 (standard shipping). They were under the tree on Christmas!

Got them installed (I added a spacer to the peg bolt). Fit and finish is great, downloaded the instructions and it was a pretty simple install.

Now if it will only warm up a bit I can get out for a test ride!

My experience with Motowerk has been great!!

JoH

·
Premium Member
9,209 Posts
Thread is Open

Photos of installs, other methods and sources C/W links are always welcome, if you are posting costs, please keep in mind that shipping plays a very large part in costs, make sure you define this. If you are having problems with a supplier or in installing, always check with the supplier first, many times treating people with respect and honesty, pays large dividends, I know, I lost the lower part of my kickstand once and it was replaced at no cost to me, at the time I was upset, I welded something up temporarily, but it was Speedily replaced.:grin2:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Special thanks to Kate from Moto Werk for fielding several of my calls after an automation or computer glitch refused to align my shipping address and billing address. I dropped cash off, and had my brother who lives close, order the peg lowering blocks and rear brake adjuster and they were well worth the wait, thanks again for the outstanding customer service!

·
Registered
635 Posts
I did the full lowering kit from Motowerk and was pleased with the product and service. I had questions about whether I needed the brake lowering nut and my phone call was answered directly. Kate was very helpful. They know the Versys and I believe Mr. and Mrs. Speedy ride them.

·
Premium Member
16,220 Posts
I did the full lowering kit from Motowerk and was pleased with the product and service. I had questions about whether I needed the brake lowering nut and my phone call was answered directly. Kate was very helpful. They know the Versys and I believe Mr. and Mrs. Speedy ride them.

Yes, Speedy has a V-650 and Lady Speedy has a V-300

·
Registered
82 Posts
Did you need the brake adjuster ? I have a 16 Versys and am wondering if I need it. Thanks

·
Registered
635 Posts
Did you need the brake adjuster ? I have a 16 Versys and am wondering if I need it. Thanks
If you lower the foot peg there isnt enough adjustment in the OEM brake foot lever to restore the same relationship between the two. But some people like a higher foot lever, depends on your preference . I tried it without and decided I wanted it lower so ended up ordering it after.

·
Registered
537 Posts
If you lower the foot peg there isnt enough adjustment in the OEM brake foot lever to restore the same relationship between the two. But some people like a higher foot lever, depends on your preference . I tried it without and decided I wanted it lower so ended up ordering it after.
I ordered the adapter which I still have as I was concerned about making sure that there was sufficient free-play as well. I'm one of those people who actually like the higher brake pedal and feel that I have better leverage and feel.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I ordered the adapter which I still have as I was concerned about making sure that there was sufficient free-play as well. I'm one of those people who actually like the higher brake pedal and feel that I have better leverage and feel.
Same. I just installed these last week on my new-to-me 2011. I ordered the blocks with the brake adjustment nut but did not install the nut as it started raining on me when I got to the right side and it seemed ok with the lowest stock adjustment setting. I've been riding for a few days now and I don't feel like the pedal is too high, though I think I could live with it being a tad lower. I may get around to installing the nut eventually just to give me some adjustment options, but I have other bike projects I want to do first.

Overall, I love the lowering blocks, though. I'm 6'3" and my knees were a bit too high up on the tank without them. Now, I can "grab" the textured plastic better with my thighs and the more relaxed knee bend is much easier on my calves, which were burning after long rides (granted, I'm also just not used to the new bike sitting position).

·
Registered
307 Posts
If you have access to a milling machine and some aluminum bar stock those peg lowering devices are pretty easy to make. The. Right, and Left are a mirror image, not identical. Mine were basically free, with about 2 hours labor. They work perfectly

Randy

Reactions: 16VGTIDave

·
Registered
327 Posts
Hola folks,

Anybody have this lowering footpeg kit?

https://www.t-rex-racing.com/2008-On-Kawasaki-Versys-650-Foot-Peg-Lowering-Kit-p/n54-15fpl.htm

If somebody have this can you tell me how is with them, is it problem in corners?

I am from Europe and i can't found this product here, I need to order from USA, but i wish to check before ordering.
This will be great for me, i am 180-182cm , and I broke my knee before 12 years, and it is little painfull with stock footpeg.

·
Super Moderator
19,630 Posts
Hola folks,

Anybody have this lowering footpeg kit?

https://www.t-rex-racing.com/2008-On-Kawasaki-Versys-650-Foot-Peg-Lowering-Kit-p/n54-15fpl.htm

If somebody have this can you tell me how is with them, is it problem in corners?

I am from Europe and i can't found this product here, I need to order from USA, but i wish to check before ordering.
This will be great for me, i am 180-182cm , and I broke my knee before 12 years, and it is little painfull with stock footpeg.
MINE are from motowerk. They work WELL, and I've NEVER 'grounded' them, altho' I HAVE 'grounded' my footpeg 'feelers' a few times..

:goodluck:

·
Registered
327 Posts
MINE are from motowerk. They work WELL, and I've NEVER 'grounded' them, altho' I HAVE 'grounded' my footpeg 'feelers' a few times..

:goodluck:

They are probably made from same aluminum alloy.
I just need to check with Kawasaki is there any difference between EU and USA footpegs on Versys 650 . Or it is totaly same.
Than I can order that stuff.

·
Registered
327 Posts
1 month after ordering, package came to my house from USA .
Lowering kit cost 54.95$, but with shipping and taxes in my country from custom it cost almost 150$. (can't find any lowering footpeg kit in EU)
I hope it pays off and is more comfortable to ride.
Waiting better weather so I can test everything :)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
19,630 Posts
1 month after ordering, package came to my house from USA .
Lowering kit cost 54.95$, but with shipping and taxes in my country from custom it cost almost 150$. (can't find any lowering footpeg kit in EU)
I hope it pays off and is more comfortable to ride.
Waiting better weather so I can test everything :)
kardan - looking at your pic, I can't help but wonder IF that is a foot-peg lowering kit, or a motorcycle lowering kit.

I have several T-REX items, but didn't know they made foot-peg lowering kits....

·
Registered
327 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Hola, i just added foot peg lowering kit on my Versys 650, and I need to change position of brake lever, I set to lowest point, but lever are little lower than footpeg.
I look in manual, and say that difference between top part of brake lever and top part of footpeg should be 44mm (1.7 in.). I measure and it is about 10mm.

Now is that motorbike limit (this what i set), because Kawasaki didn't think that somebody will produce aftermarket lowering foot peg kit.
Or I doing something wrong, and I don't know how to set brake lever more.

·
Super Moderator
19,630 Posts
81 - 100 of 102 Posts