Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Super Moderator
22,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a month ago I put up a WANTED ad, looking for a motowerk lowering block for my Gen 1, as, I being fairly ancient, I figured a lowering link MIGHT extend the timeline till I have to park it.

"kiwicraig" answered, and sent me one he had 'lying around'. I set everything up (similar to the way I'd raised the bike to install a swingarm-chain-guard) and got to it, including 'raising the forks 1.25" to lower the front'.

Took a little while to install, but then I was taking it off the rear paddock-stand and finding that, because I run a 130/80 front tire and had NOT done anything to the stand back then - so it would lean QUITE A BIT LEFT up till now but it has now taken a LESS-EXTREME tilt, and it's all (y)(y)!

Been out riding a bit, and I'm VERY happy w/ the result. The bike feels LOWER and SMALLER, and everything else is 'copacetic'.

When I install a bolt & nut combination I have ALWAYS installed it so that the nut is to the OUTSIDE. I do THAT so that a quick look will indicate IF the nut is 'backing off', as you can see from the pics.

IMG_2158 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

IMG_2157 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

:cool:

· Super Moderator
22,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

· Super Moderator
22,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Since I started using the 130/80 size tires on my front, I have had the following mileages on them:
1. Metzler Tourance = 29,341 miles over FIVE years; and
2. SHINKO E-705 (wheel removed/reversed/replaced after 21,934 mi. to "equalize wear") 29,122 miles
over FIVE years, AGAIN!

Maybe now that your riding pavement you don't need oversized tires. Stock size will bring the bike down some more.
I CAN'T think of ANY reason that I would want to do THAT...!

Especially because then I would need to shorten my side-stand.

Not ANY rear tires gave me anywhere NEAR as many miles, as the 130/80s did. In addition I run 36psi F and 42psi R.

(y)(y)(y)(y)

:cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts