Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I used the Motowerk lowering kit. I also lowered the footpegs and added the Flatfoot. I did everything myself and it didn't take more than a couple hours. Speedy's directions were clear and concise. I'm not much of a mechanic, but I'm not afraid to dive in and give it a go.

Everything fit very well. I have a torque wrench, so everything with a torque value got torqued. I thought it would take two to lower the front end, but it turned out to be easy to do myself. I'm very pleased with the products from Speedy. I sit nice and flat footed on the bike now.

I installed a Powerbronze windshield last night and it looks good. I'm going to install my horn and a pigtail tonight. I'll take some pics and post them up tomorrow. Thanks for all the good advice.

:D

·
Registered
417 Posts
PowerBronze Windshield

Tony,
I'll be interested in seeing how the PowerBronze looks, and what you think about it after you have a chance to ride.:goodluck:

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I took the bike out for a ride today, and I'm really impressed with what lowering does. Aside from being able to flat foot the bike at stops, I have more confidence in the bike when I'm in turns. It seems to corner better without the feeling of going over. I'm sure it's a function of being lower to the ground. ;)
It's altogether a much better feeling bike than it was before.

I like the PowerBronze windscreen. I had the top of the windscreen angled back on this ride and got some turbulence on top of my helmet. It wasn't annoying until I got above 60. On this afternoons ride, I'm going to tilt the rear of the windscreen so it's at it most vertical setting. It's wide enough that I only got a little wind on my arms.

I'm happy with the windscreen purchase. I'm also happy with the lowering kit. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts