Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a bit of an odd one but the girlfriend says her knees get a bit cramped on the back of my 2015 V1000.

Can anyone recommend vendors for lowered pegs?

I figure it may take a bit of effort cross-referencing things but a good starting place is just vendors for good quality lowered pegs. I know that an inch or two can make a difference in how long you can sit with knees bent.

·
Registered
972 Posts
My wife doesn't ride much but I do try to make her comfortable. I've looked at the 2015 650 LT V that I've got and if no-one makes a "bolt-on" it would be pretty difficult to make something from scrap.

I did make a set of highway pegs for my comfort and when I got to looking I found that while I am using them my wife could use the riders pegs which would give her a good stretch of the legs. This would only work if you're both about the same height. I'm 5'9" and the wife is 5'8". She hasn't yet ridden on the Versys so I'm just using my testing of this to see if it would be doable.

I think a passenger back rest or trunk would be necessary for utmost comfort though. I have both so she gets her choice.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very interesting.
They don't list a version of that as fitting the '15 V1000 but it's worth at least dropping them a message to see if it might fit.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
How much does it drop them?
The lowering block drops the pegs by 3 inches.
Note: The foot-pegs themselves are not any lower than OEM pegs. However they are wider ... thus more comfortable for the passenger.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts