Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm doing my 1st valve check on my 2016 V650. Service manual instructions say to remove "throttle cable lower ends".

I've never had to do this on any bike I've ever owned. How is this accomplished? Do I put slack in at the lower cable adjuster (and/or upper adjuster) and remove them that way, or is there some other trick to this. This is a bit of a PITA. I guess this is the price to pay for such a small, compact bike.

Also, Is there a way to bypass this step and still be able to successfully remove the valve cover?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Never mind. Finally figured it out. I had to adjust both the upper and lower throttle cable adjusters to full slack. That allowed both silver cable guides at the throttle body to be pulled out from their mounts.

Tomorrow I hope to get the valve cover off. Doesn't look like a whole lot of room to slide that thing out!

·
Premium Member
9,209 Posts
Never mind. Finally figured it out. I had to adjust both the upper and lower throttle cable adjusters to full slack. That allowed both silver cable guides at the throttle body to be pulled out from their mounts.

Tomorrow I hope to get the valve cover off. Doesn't look like a whole lot of room to slide that thing out!
I posted in your other thread, 2015 on, it is 3 times easier by removing the throttle bodies. Takes about a extra 5 minutes. Pay attention to the quick connect plugs on the TB

1 - 3 of 3 Posts