Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Good luck finding a lower, flatter bar that will clear the plastic fairings that attach to the gas tank at full lock. Were you planning on removing those pieces? Some people do... OTOH I installed a Bike-Master Superbike bend handle bar which has little more pull back and perhaps a little less rise than stock. With the grips positioned as low as possible, it seens to work for me. Let us know if you find something.

·
Registered
944 Posts
One guy cut relief holes in his cowlings so the lower bars would clear. Eventually he bought a bike with an ergonomic set-up more suited to his desires.

·
Registered
944 Posts
One guy cut relief holes in his cowlings so the lower bars would clear. :eek::confused:
Eventually he bought a bike with an ergonomic set-up more suited to his desires.

·
Registered
944 Posts
One guy cut relief holes in his cowlings so the lower bars would clear. :eek::confused:
Eventually he bought a bike with an ergonomic set-up more suited to his desires.
That work for ya?! :)

The site kicked it back & said I could only post every 15 seconds!?
I never ran into that before w/ my hunt & peck typing. I dressed it w/ smileys in the downtime.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh yeah, I forgot about the low clearance from the bar to the faring. I'll try rotating the bar forward and see how that works. That will move the grips forward (but higher though).

On long, fast rides, I find myself wanting to lean forward (using one or both of the passenger pegs). This position unloads some of the weight and pressure on my seat, and gets my helmet into smoother, quieter air, nearer the windscreen.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts