Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The fall is a special time here in central California. After 4 months of being baked and broiled in the desert sun we finally got a break. This summer we had a record number of days with temps in the triple digits, think it was north of 50 days.

Yesterday was the first rain event since last May and it was very welcomed. Not a gully washer, unless you were under a thunder storm, but cleaned up the air and made the sky blue again.

After the morning rain showers and lunch I strapped on the V-650 and headed out. Took a very familiar route thru the foot hills and up to the higher Sierra's. Lots of puffies against the blue sky and a few rain drops along the way.

Stopped by the Hog Bar on the way back. It's not really a bar just a friends shop, but a tall cold one is usually available upon request. My buddy Mike used to ride but had to quit due to a really bad back. Sadly he is moving to Idaho to escape the Communist rule here in the Golden State.

My new flash from Steve in Sunny Florida added to the enjoyment.

Cheers mates.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
18,974 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tim - great pics, EXCEPT the 'background' of your pics detracts from that LOVELY green Versys in the foreground....

:wink2:
Agreed! Lol.

All the dead grass will green up again after we get a couple of inches of rain. When it does it will be doing it's best Kawasaki green impersonation. This usually does not happen until December.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Agreed! Lol.

All the dead grass will green up again after we get a couple of inches of rain. When it does it will be doing it's best Kawasaki green impersonation. This usually does not happen until December.
Yeah, up here in the Sacramento area, we got our first real rain shower since May today! Spring and fall are my favorite time to ride as temperatures are in the mid 70's to lower 80's, instead of 90's and 100's. Spring here turns green in mid February.

·
Premium Member
16,105 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,105 Posts
Wow, that is only an hour north of 82 that I take across Texas. I might have to make a detour next time i head west.

Yea, Most people don't know Oklahoma has places like that. I didn't know till i went working up in that area in the late 80's....

·
Registered
433 Posts
I tried to take a lovely Fall ride yesterday up to the Kancamagus HWY in the White Mountains of New Hampshire. It’s a 36 mile stretch of road through the mountains between Conway, NH and Lincoln, NH. Thought I could get some great photos of the orange Versys against some orange foliage. Aside from it being on the cold side and overcast it was literally jammed with traffic from all the leaf peepers. There was almost no place to stop, all the pull outs were full as were the shoulders lined with cars. Not to mention the rush hour pace of traffic. Awful.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I tried to take a lovely Fall ride yesterday up to the Kancamagus HWY in the White Mountains of New Hampshire. It’s a 36 mile stretch of road through the mountains between Conway, NH and Lincoln, NH. Thought I could get some great photos of the orange Versys against some orange foliage. Aside from it being on the cold side and overcast it was literally jammed with traffic from all the leaf peepers. There was almost no place to stop, all the pull outs were full as were the shoulders lined with cars. Not to mention the rush hour pace of traffic. Awful.
Precisely why I avoid riding on weekends.

Being semi retarded...I mean retired, does have it's benefits.:wink2:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts