Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I went to Benezette, PA to meet for lunch with a bunch of friends from the ST-owners forum (615 miles total for the day). Gosh, there are wonderful roads up there in North-Central PA!

These two pictures are the only ones I have of the whole day. I didn't take any pictures where we ate, and I have a hard time stopping when I am riding great roads.
I am glad that I stopped on this road, because nature and its sounds (little brook down below) was absolutely wonderful.

I made these pics to show what kind of roads I now really enjoy!
Roads like this were OK when I rode them with my ST1100 (700 lbs sport-touring beast), but on a Versys these kinds of roads (and gravel fire roads) are a whole lot more fun! I don't worry at all when the bike gets tail happy, it is light and nimble enough to thoroughly enjoy this road.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Beautiful!

·
Premium Member
7,786 Posts
Wow. breath taking view. What kind of speed you pull along on this kind of road and what kind of rubbers are those on your V.

:cheers:

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow. breath taking view. What kind of speed you pull along on this kind of road and what kind of rubbers are those on your V.

:cheers:
I have a street setup: Avon Storms at 32/38 psi (cold). I was riding about 10 mph, trying not to hurt my red Dance Partner too much. :eek:
This is a compacted sand/clay road with sometimes pretty large rocks embedded in it. The rocks get exposed as the sand gets worn away, so some of them stick up quite a bit.

That is much harsher than your regular American fire road, which is semi-flat compacted gravel, also boatloads of fun! On fire roads I ride about 40 mph, mostly limited by my skill and bravery, or rather lack thereof.

·
Super Moderator
19,023 Posts
Here're 2 pics taken last April in AZ. Street tires (Dunlop RoadSmart rear @ 42psi, Shinko Advance 005 front @ 36 psi), and I was up to 70 to 80 mph at times. On 'sweepers' I'd use throttle to slide the rear out a bit. Fun! :yeahsmile: On a 200 mile ride, 80 miles was dirt!

Attachments

·
Registered
244 Posts
Looks like a beautiful place to ride! Reminds me of some the roads in the Jefferson national forest back in my old Giles County Virginia stomping....errrr....riding grounds....O.K. a little stomping as well. Hey! here on the front range of the Rockies we have some pretty cool dirt roads to explore...The one to the top of Pikes Peak is breath taking...literally!!!!:thumb:

·
Super Moderator
19,023 Posts
@fasteddie....

what roads are those?
been looking for a few new spots to ride....
Amir,
It's "Aravaipa Canyon", and I rode east from Hwy 79 south of Florence (can't remember the road name, but about 20 - 25 miles south, starts with "F" I believe) and it was great, and included a river crossing that wasn't much of a challenge. Here's some pics.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts