Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coming back from Waycross, GA sunday to Tampa, FL. I guess as soon as the weather turns nice again, we get our Bi-Yearly visit from Love Bugs. Damn they are a PITA! This pic was after cleaning 2 other stops on the way down.
Show off your Love Bug pics!:mad:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts
I've attached a link to check out #2 the V-505 its great for getting off the love bugs. or find a similar detergent in your area. the bugs guts are mostly protein and this works the best for that. An used dryer sheet (like bounce dryer sheets)works great instead of a cloth to wash them off with.use to work for this company they have tons of info on thier web-sit and you can call in for info at thier 1-800 #

http://www.dcs1.com/DeluxProducts/OnlineCatalog/tabid/236/Default.aspx Its on page 24 of the catalog

·
Registered
901 Posts
Oh man I remember those buggers...they do suck. I lived in Tampa for 10 years. Forgot about the love bugs...

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Usually just use soap and water but that info is great! I have heard of Bounce sheets working but that V-505 sounds interesting.

What area did you live OffCamber? I'm so old I remember before there was Love Bugs. I think they have been coming up from South America over the years. Some folks think University of Florida had a genetic experiment that got out of hand. :huh:

It's the smell of these little buggers that I hate the most. They get into everything.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Usually just use soap and water but that info is great! I have heard of Bounce sheets working but that V-505 sounds interesting.

What area did you live OffCamber? I'm so old I remember before there was Love Bugs. I think they have been coming up from South America over the years. Some folks think University of Florida had a genetic experiment that got out of hand. :huh:

It's the smell of these little buggers that I hate the most. They get into everything.
I remember that rumor that they came from USF...I lived in Carrolwood off Anderson Road between Waters Ave and Gunn Hwy.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Getting the bugs off

Believe it or not, a great bug guts remover is common old hydrogen peroxide. No, it won't turn your bike blonde!(or any other color). Spray it on undiluted, and watch the goo turn liquid and become very easy to wipe off or wash off. I've been using it for years on bikes and cars with great results. Spraying on works best, just use a spray bottle. It's also cheap and found at drug stores and groceries.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I remember that rumor that they came from USF...I lived in Carrolwood off Anderson Road between Waters Ave and Gunn Hwy.
I'm out in Wesley Chapel. I ride out that way sometimes for a cold one at the World of Beers. Mmmmm Beer!:cheers:

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts

Bounce sheets are good for keeping spiders aways also.

The V-505 works great its safe to use on new car finishes and i use it to degrease my car engine also Its a powder so 1lb mixed with 2 gallons makes 2 gallons of concentrate. there should be or use to be a page in the catalog that told you what chemical and dilution rate to use for a specific job if its not in there give delco a call and have Keith Kunkle email or fax the page to use. Hes a good guy and very helpful.Tell him Joseph said Hi.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Can you give any info on a comparison with the originals?
They just slide over the original grips Spainy. If you go online, you can find them around $7 I think.
Personally, I like them and use them on most of my motorcycles. Some had larger grips and I did not need them. It makes the grip slightly larger but that is why I use them. I have big paws.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Don't you get Lovebugs in Converse? I thought you did.
Luv bugs same to stay with in 100 miles from the Gulf coast. In Louisiana this year the luv bug season was not very bad. Maybe it was them who ate the Oil!:eek:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts