Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Very interesting.

Those two bikes look quite different. The white one looks like a highly modded Versys. The swing arm looks like a stock Versys as does the shock placement.

The green one is totally different. Look at the strait swing arm and you don't see a rear shock.

Both share the Versys looking motor however.

Time will tell.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Would be a shrewd move to put a bike in the market along side the finally present Tenere 700. I hope they actually yoke out the motor for more power and dont just call it a 700 with it still being the same 650.

I am very curious about the provenance of the image in the article. My initial thought is a well done concept by a fanboi or a leaked Kawi reder.... either way it looks great IMO

·
Registered
190 Posts
So the image attached to that article is a render from 'Kardesign Koncepts' made for the German bike mag Motorrad Online.

It would be nice if there were factual basis for hype articles like this, I guess even motorcycle media is adopting the 'clicks now facts later' mantra of the rest of the media world.

·
Registered
4,626 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,146 Posts

·
Registered
4,626 Posts
I almost bought an '09 (that was titled in late '10) in '11 for $3000 with less than 3000 miles on it. Mint condition.

I passed and bought a new '11 for under $5000 don't remember the specifics. Had the '09 been green I would have bought it.

That bike is holding its value well for a Frankenstein 11 year old bike.

I guess I was ready for a different color than the Ninja I had been riding for 4 years.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,146 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
If Kawi can somehow capture the essence of the KLR, with a more modern powerplant, that would be amazing. And offer a version without the fancy modes etc. Keep it simple... well as simple as can be and pass regulations.

·
Registered
13 Posts
If Kawi can somehow capture the essence of the KLR, with a more modern powerplant, that would be amazing. And offer a version without the fancy modes etc. Keep it simple... well as simple as can be and pass regulations.
I'd buy one. In a heartbeat. The Tenere 700 is what I wanted but it looks like it's going to arrive later than expected in the US for general availability. That still gives Kawasaki time this year to announce something and I hope they get to it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts