Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
430 Posts
I have to no avail. Lock smith's are saying my key code isn't a key code even though I got it from my dealer. They said it should start with g8001-g9000
I have a 2019 and my code starts with a G and 4 numbers but it's a external tooth key, not internal cut like yours. Not sure if going to a dealer with your VIN number will get you anywhere. Somewhere your key number is recorded.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Not much info out there. What I did find, indicates if the key code tag with the keys and all keys are lost, you need a need ignition switch and new locks, apparently due to privacy and theft, even the dealer doesn't have the key code. You may be waiting for 4 weeks and find out you need to order new locks as well.
Yeah I've been looking also. Think you're right and it's going to hurt. Not sure how to replace the lock cylinder in the gas cap if you can't unlock it.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I have no idea how many different key cuts Kawasaki uses. I'd bet it's a limited number. Way better chance than the lottery. What's there to lose? If it worked you could get a key cut.
Worth the try, I would hope they have every available key in stock
In the old, old days when the fork locks were on the underside of the triple tree they put the 4 digit number on the face, guess they realized at some point that was a stupid idea, I think that's what cost me a 1976 Kawasaki 900 LTD. There was only three available in my state.

·
Registered
430 Posts
gee whiz mister wizards, why dont you just order the replacement keys from 'saki..... and in the mean time try and find all the fancy stuff these other guys said.
So you suggesting buy one of every key number they stock assuming they'd sell them to you, they'd think you were going to go out on a bike stealing spree, otherwise they can't sell you a key without the code that the OP lost as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts