Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, unfortunately both of my keys are gone. First bike hind sight is 20/20, won't happen again. However I am having a tough time getting a key made, I called my dealer and got a keycode that a few people said isn't a key code, the other guy said he can't make the key. The dealer is saying 4 weeks for a new set of keys, any idea as to what i can do??

2022 versys 650 below is the style of key i have
Watch Rectangle Watch accessory Font Jewellery

·
Registered
2017 Kawasaki Versys-x 300 (non ABS)
1,090 Posts
Have you talked to a locksmith? Some may be able to make that kind of key if you have a code -- may have to ask around to find one with the right equipment for such an animal.

·
Registered
5,935 Posts
Well, that truly sucks. Especially if you are up north and getting near the end of your riding season. I have a box in a drawer where my spare key and key code reside. If I ever lose the key I am using for the bike I will make a copy of that key in the drawer and put it back. That way a copy is always off a fresh key.

Hope you don't have to wait four weeks.

·
Premium Member
16,405 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
479 Posts
I have to no avail. Lock smith's are saying my key code isn't a key code even though I got it from my dealer. They said it should start with g8001-g9000
I have a 2019 and my code starts with a G and 4 numbers but it's a external tooth key, not internal cut like yours. Not sure if going to a dealer with your VIN number will get you anywhere. Somewhere your key number is recorded.

·
Premium Member
11,278 Posts
Hey folks, unfortunately both of my keys are gone. First bike hind sight is 20/20, won't happen again. However I am having a tough time getting a key made, I called my dealer and got a keycode that a few people said isn't a key code, the other guy said he can't make the key. The dealer is saying 4 weeks for a new set of keys, any idea as to what i can do??

2022 versys 650 below is the style of key i have View attachment 190313
That looks exactly like my Givi keys look like, including the angle of the plastic.

·
Premium Member
11,278 Posts
Not much info out there. What I did find, indicates if the key code tag with the keys and all keys are lost, you need a need ignition switch and new locks, apparently due to privacy and theft, even the dealer doesn't have the key code. You may be waiting for 4 weeks and find out you need to order new locks as well.

Reactions: Axel Johansson

·
Registered
2019 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
479 Posts
Not much info out there. What I did find, indicates if the key code tag with the keys and all keys are lost, you need a need ignition switch and new locks, apparently due to privacy and theft, even the dealer doesn't have the key code. You may be waiting for 4 weeks and find out you need to order new locks as well.
Yeah I've been looking also. Think you're right and it's going to hurt. Not sure how to replace the lock cylinder in the gas cap if you can't unlock it.

·
Premium Member
16,405 Posts
Yeah I've been looking also. Think you're right and it's going to hurt. Not sure how to replace the lock cylinder in the gas cap if you can't unlock it.

My last 3 bikes i put a keyless gas cap on them. Will do the same when i get another bike...

·
Premium Member
16,405 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts