Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning a good friend passed away from injuries related to a horrific MC accident he was in last May. He was taken to the hospital yesterday afternoon, at some point it was determined he was bleeding from a tear in his aorta.

Since being released from the hospital and rehab back on July 22nd, 2.5 months after the accident, he has had 8 followup surgeries, twice battled a MRSA infection. He recently finally got into a relationship with a woman who was really helping him along, her strength and love was helping him to rebuild his life, his body and his soul. He knew he would never ride a 2-wheeler again, but was talking of building a badass 3-wheeler.

To make matters worse, the jackwad that hit him still hasn't been punished and is fighting his charges and the civil penalties. Hopefully, the court will have incentive to throw even more charges at him and send him away for a long time.

RIP Mike Streek Arko, you will be deeply missed by many friends, family and acquaintances.

This is the link to the original article I posted last summer following his accident.

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20154

·
Registered
774 Posts
Wow. Terrible news after so much work getting back together.

If a DD ever hurts one of my love ones I imagine I'll be in prison the rest of my life. They never seem to get what they deserve.

·
Premium Member
16,108 Posts
Wow. Terrible news after so much work getting back together.

If a DD ever hurts one of my love ones I imagine I'll be in prison the rest of my life. They never seem to get what they deserve.
+1

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
believe me, I know I'm not alone in wanting to find this scumbag and making it last and hurt

·
Registered
191 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss. It always seems that the courts take way too long to punish some of these *$#@heads. I'm a firm believer that Karma can be a real bitch so hopefully that DD will get whats coming.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss. Just be strong and next time when you ride, ride for him as well.

Over here in Malaysia we too get lots of sad news, almost every week we hear of stories of one of our brothers either badly injured or passed on.

Hope that a$$ gets what he deserves.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
There is no punishment for this waste of dna that can compensate for the loss of your friend. You can only live on in his honor

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Good Lord. Terribly sorry to hear of your friend's passing. It's probably a horrible thing to say but there are times when summary roadside execution doesn't seem like such a bad thing, particularly for thoughtless and dangerous drunk drivers. Ah, where is Turkish justice when you need it?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Sorry for your loss, it's hard not to take it to heart since we all feel like brothers, I feel terrible when I see a fellow rider go down, imagine losing a friend.... being a DD that hit him only makes it worst, But I deeply believe that he will get what he deserves.

Im terribly sorry for your loss.

Godspeed.

F.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts