Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm having a bit of trouble with my right mirror coming loose on my '07. The connection pictured (which is usually hidden under a black sleeve) has a small area of give. That is, it swings a few degrees freely, which is not ideal when I'm riding. The first time it happened, I pulled the whole thing apart and put it back together, which worked for a little while. Last time I just tightened the top bit counter-clockwise and, again, it held for a little bit, but it keeps coming loose. Is anyone familiar with this problem or have some suggestion? I'm going to try and slap some rescue tape on it for the time being and see if that helps.

Cheers

·
Registered
74 Posts
Common issue. I winded up replacing my mirrors with aftermarket ones on my '08.

However, one way to fix the issue with the stock mirror is to drill a small hole in the top portion of what you have circled there and through the mirror stalk itself and then run a small screw in there.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the responses, folks.

You tried Loctite? Or even just some low adhesive glue on the thread.
I'm not to keen on throwing adhesives around, as I don't want to risk not being able to adjust the mirrors at all. (My cousin sometimes uses my bikes).

Geez. Mine isn't that bad.

Common issue. I winded up replacing my mirrors with aftermarket ones on my '08.
I'm thinking aftermarket mirrors, but don't know what to get.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Thanks for the responses, folks.

I'm not to keen on throwing adhesives around, as I don't want to risk not being able to adjust the mirrors at all. (My cousin sometimes uses my bikes).

Geez. Mine isn't that bad.

I'm thinking aftermarket mirrors, but don't know what to get.
Aprillia Tuono mirrors with Speedy's mirror extenders if you don't already have them (looks like you do).

·
Super Moderator
19,006 Posts
IF you have your '07 OWNERS MANUAL - look in it for adjusting the mirrors. The CORRECT way is NOT intuitive, and has VERY LITTLE to do w/ those large nuts in the pic!

There's a small nut in there that needs to be tightened, and should be shown in your manual..., or just buy Tuono mirrors like a LOT of us have done.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts