Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Clearly visible inside the left hand cowling there are 2 cables with and a single 2 socket connector. On my bike the 2 cables are not connected and are just sitting next to the socket.

I cannot see any details anywhere of what these are but they look like they should be connected.

It's now dark and I will add a photo tomorrow if I cannot find out anything.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Do your turn signals work properly? Maybe it came undone.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Aren't those the diognostic connections?
On my 08' the diagnostic connector is under the seat on the throttle side, I believe right on the frame area.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Those are just an auxiliary fused,switched power connection for accessories, etc.
Just for the fun of it, I will argue a bit with you ;)
One condition, is that those connector are + AND unsheilded

If so, they can't be auxiliary power, because any touching with the frame would blow the fuse / maybe set the whole thing on fire (if the fuse doesn't blow quickly enough)

My 2 cents

But I could be wrong because I can't swear that they are not unsheilded (pic ain't close enough)

Ciao

LOP

·
Registered
612 Posts
Just for the fun of it, I will argue a bit with you ;)
One condition, is that those connector are + AND unsheilded

If so, they can't be auxiliary power, because any touching with the frame would blow the fuse / maybe set the whole thing on fire (if the fuse doesn't blow quickly enough)

My 2 cents

But I could be wrong because I can't swear that they are not unsheilded (pic ain't close enough)

Ciao

LOP
I do believe the insulated female one is the power lead and the two male bare ones are ground (negative) so it wouldn't matter even if they did touch any frame part. There is a wiring diagram posted on one of the older forums that clearly shows that.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
I do believe the insulated female one is the power lead and the two male bare ones are ground (negative) so it wouldn't matter even if they did touch any frame part. There is a wiring diagram posted on one of the older forums that clearly shows that.

Stand corrected

Cheers

LOP

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I've tried to probe them before and came out with ??? . I don't know what they do. OTH, there is a 4 pin female connector and they are 12V power supply with the Key at On position and the other is 12V 'live' power, with key or without the key. Check my siggy for clues to which is which.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts