Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not been able to come up with a rack specifically for the Versys. The Kawasaki dealers in and around Dallas are idiots and when you say "Versys" they start scratching their *** and looking at the moon. Ok, enough venting.

If someone would please post a link where I can see and buy a rack, please do so. I'd appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Top rack or side racks? What kind of bags?

·
Registered
374 Posts
I have not been able to come up with a rack specifically for the Versys. The Kawasaki dealers in and around Dallas are idiots and when you say "Versys" they start scratching their *** and looking at the moon. Ok, enough venting.

If someone would please post a link where I can see and buy a rack, please do so. I'd appreciate it.

TwistedThrottle.com sells the SW Motech Rack. It is the exact same rack as in the Kawasaki Acc. catalog. I am in the Dallas area, and you are welcome to come check mine out first hand if you like.

Here is the link, but there is not a pic of it there. http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/3906/652/

It is the same one as in Willie's post. It is very well made, and takes only a few minutes to install.

Todd

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Where did you buy yours/

TwistedThrottle.com sells the SW Motech Rack. It is the exact same rack as in the Kawasaki Acc. catalog. I am in the Dallas area, and you are welcome to come check mine out first hand if you like.

Here is the link, but there is not a pic of it there. http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/3906/652/

It is the same one as in Willie's post. It is very well made, and takes only a few minutes to install.

Todd
I assume you bought yours thru "twisted Throttle"?

·
Registered
374 Posts
I assume you bought yours thru "twisted Throttle"?
Yes I did, since it was cheaper and none of my local dealers seemed to be interested in ordering it. Twisted Throttle was $149 + $11 for shipping.

If you like I will shoot a few pics of it tonight.

Todd

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks

Yes I did, since it was cheaper and none of my local dealers seemed to be interested in ordering it. Twisted Throttle was $149 + $11 for shipping.

If you like I will shoot a few pics of it tonight.

Todd

That would be great and I much appreciate it. How long did it take to get it from the time your ordered it?

·
Registered
374 Posts
That would be great and I much appreciate it. How long did it take to get it from the time your ordered it?

Took less than a week, but you might want to call and make sure he has stock first.

I will post a few pics tonight for you. I also had a tough time trying to get pics of the unit before ordering.

Todd

·
Registered
227 Posts
Here's the Givi rack I got from Twisted Throttle. The J.C. Whitney large trunk I have on it you can get for a little over $50 including shipping. It fits perfectly on the Givi rack. Here's a link to the thread explaining how to get the trunk for $50.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=294434

·
Registered
496 Posts
Do you know where I can see a picture of this rack? It's not on the website.
Well, I've got plenty saved to my local HDD! :D

Seriously, there's LOADS of pics around for Givi racks & bags on the Versys on this website. Just do some Digg'n!

I'll have fresh pics of my new baby up soon. I'm still busy "hustling" parts from my last bike to recoup what I've already spent "farkle-ing" the new bike. HaHaHa!!

Take care,
Jim

·
Registered
496 Posts
08V -

Thanks for the Adventure Rider - JC Cheapo link! I just bought the large Givi knockoff topbox & a set of foam grips for $52.00 shipped!!!!! What a STEAL!

Bike looks great too! :D

Take care,
Jim

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for all the info

I've found what I'm looking for and thanks for tall the help.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hi Dallasdon

Have you tried Grapevine Kawasaki? They seem to be a bit more savvy. I got my bike at Kawasaki City in Irving, but I wouldn't buy farkles from them. It always seems like too much trouble.

I've got your ipod thang sitting here for when we meet! We should hook up with Tapntx and have a N. TX hootenanny!

Les.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Hi Dallasdon

Have you tried Grapevine Kawasaki? They seem to be a bit more savvy. I got my bike at Kawasaki City in Irving, but I wouldn't buy farkles from them. It always seems like too much trouble.

I've got your ipod thang sitting here for when we meet! We should hook up with Tapntx and have a N. TX hootenanny!

Les.
Sounds good to me, I am always up for riding. A few retired friends and I try to ride every Thursday morning. Our normal route takes us up to Paris for Lunch, and then up along the Red River, total mileage is around 300.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sounds good to me, I am always up for riding. A few retired friends and I try to ride every Thursday morning. Our normal route takes us up to Paris for Lunch, and then up along the Red River, total mileage is around 300.
I live just about right on I-30 in Royse City. If you don't mind I'd like to ride up there on Thursday. That is if it isn't Raining!

Thanks
Don Stout

·
Registered
374 Posts
I live just about right on I-30 in Royse City. If you don't mind I'd like to ride up there on Thursday. That is if it isn't Raining!

Thanks
Don Stout
You got it Don, let this weather clear up and you are welcome to come along. I think we are going to be rained out for tomorrow. Also we do another route that takes us over to Mineola to the E. TX Burger Co.

Todd

·
Registered
129 Posts
Lunch in Paris - how romantic ;) Is the large fibreglass soup bull still there???

Somebody should arrange a tour of Europe in Texas - Paris, to Rome to Athens and then a quick detour to my home town - Aberdeen.

I would like to join you also one day. I'm semi-employed so can normally sneak away.

Les

1 - 20 of 34 Posts