Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I have a few quick questions that I can't seem to find the answer on. Anyone have a 09 Versys with the hard side bags and a trunk? According to Kawasaki's site you can't have both. What I noticed is that SW-Motech only sells brackets for the 07 model but I see a lot of 08s that use them. Is there something that has changed from 08 to 09 to limit this. I don't think it would really be an issue but I would like to get the luggage out of the way in the initial purchase.

Thanks all.

·
Registered
326 Posts
You can have both if you go with either the Givi or Motech mounting brackets. Some people like Motech because the side brackets are easy to remove. I chose Givi because I wanted to leave the factory grab handles on the seat. Some people claim the Motech tail rack is stronger but I have had no problems with my Givi.

I highly doubt that there is any difference in the mounting arrangement between '07 and '09.

There's a wealth of information on this website and plenty of helpful members. It's well worth your time to search around the site and you will probably save yourself some money and grief learning from those who have gone before you.

Welcome to the forum!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts