Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys!

Just joined the forum! I bought a 2009 Versys last year and went on a 5000 Km / 3100 Mile trip to the east coast to Cape Breton (Highly recommended by the way). I'm looking west this year. I'm looking to do a 3 week trip to skirt the Yukon and BC coast. Anybody been thinking about the same kind of trip? If so, let me know! I'm looking at cutting my costs for lodging and having a partner for the trip! Here's a rough example of the trip I'm thinking about doing. http://goo.gl/maps/wXi9J

FYI: I live about 1 and half hours of Toronto, Canada.

Let me know!
Al

·
Registered
776 Posts
Cut your costs alot. Most camping was around $10-$15.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Hey Walleye, you must be pretty close to me. I'm a year behind you in trips, I'm heading East to Cape Breton this Summer and considering a ride West in '14!

I'm on an '09 Versys too. I'd be happy to hear about your experiences/recommendations from the Nova Scotia trip!

:welcome:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Looks great. Good luck and have a safe trip.

·
Super Moderator
20,919 Posts
Cut your costs alot. Most camping was around $10-$15....
X 2 on tenting!!!

(Check the Alaska trip in '09 under my signature line - that's 29 nights in a tent. :thumb: )

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
First of all I went through Vermont on the way there and would do it again. "Mountain" riding was great. I should've taken the Digby ferry across on the way there to see more land in South NS. Cape Breton was the highlight of the trip but only spent one day going around. Next time I camp in Cape Breton and soak it right in (that place is like a fairytale land..so breathtaking! I took Ferry across to PEI and back on the bridge, that I would do again. Just a couple of hours to get across the island and the bridge back is impressive! Bay of Fundy is a must! Walk on the bottom of the ocean. With more time I would give NFLD and Gaspe and tour for sure, I hear they both great.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Convinced!

X 2 on tenting!!!

(Check the Alaska trip in '09 under my signature line - that's 29 nights in a tent. :thumb: )

You guys have me convinced. On my first trip out East I was "soft". You've giving me the kick in the ass I need to stay in the tent! It's so nice once your setup.

·
Registered
776 Posts
A little more convincing.:D

I was two up with my son on this trip. You might be used to it but the camping was so much better than what we were used to. Around here you have to reserve a site 6 months in advance and then you are packed in on top of each other. We rolled into campgrounds around 5-6 on this trip and they were mostly empty.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm looking at leaving Kentucky June 14 headed for Dawson D2D and up to Inuvik... we might meet somewhere and ride for awhile.

·
Super Moderator
20,919 Posts
I'm looking at leaving Kentucky June 14 headed for Dawson D2D and up to Inuvik... we might meet somewhere and ride for awhile.
MIGHT see you 'up there'. Suggest you DON'T get onto the Dempster UNLESS the forecast is good for the 4 or 5 days you'll need for up and back.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts