Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And the Versys seems to fit the bill.Just turned 61 last week and I know my riding days are numbered.Looking for a good all-around bike,one that I can tour with and also enjoy around town.I have owned quite a few bikes in 21 years of riding and looking for the right one to finish on.
Went by the dealer this afternoon and threw my leg over one and it seems to fit the bill.

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Welcome, there are guys here a lot older than you so never say its the last bike as you never know.

·
Registered
842 Posts
The Versys is an excellent versatile bike and you wont regret it

My neighbour in Australia sold his bike just before his 80th birthday but the V may last you that long too. :)

·
Registered
531 Posts
The Versys was going to be my last bike, but I've recently ridden the Honda Crosstourer and......................:yeahsmile:

·
Registered
612 Posts
Well I'm 54 and I hope to ride until I can't swing my leg over anymore. When I can't maybe I'll have to get a Burgman or something. :eek:
I've had many bikes over the years and I can say the Versys is my favorite by far. It is the first time I can say that I am not lusting after any other bike.
In fact if it was stolen or wrecked or worn out, I would buy another one.:thumb:

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
:welcome: aboard. I am always keeping my options open. For two years, nothing available has convinced me to get a different bike. I do admit my choices are limited as I do not want a larger heavier bike but a lateral move I would be open to as long as the seating is upright like the V. As I ride less and less long distance and more locally, I am still on the hunt for the perfect 250cc for my light duty town riding. I plan on keeping the Versys for venturing out on my longer rides or if I feel the need for speed.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Just turned 61 last week and I know my riding days are numbered.
Not if you keep riding.:cheers: I have a grandpa that rides a sport bike at the young age of 89!

I think the Versys is a great bike. Light weight, forgiving, and reliable.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks for the welcomes and encouragement.
I know I won't be riding BMW GSs any longer and I don't want another KLR because I need something smoother for touring and two up.I really like the number of aftermarket accessories available and have already decided on $1500 to spend on them.
Seat,windshield,bash plate,bags and topcase,ect.Also I find $620 for 4 additional years of warranty reasonable,though I have never purchased one before.

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
Thanks for the welcomes and encouragement.
I know I won't be riding BMW GSs any longer and I don't want another KLR because I need something smoother for touring and two up.I really like the number of aftermarket accessories available and have already decided on $1500 to spend on them.
Seat,windshiels,bash plate,bags and topcase,ect.Also I find $620 for 4 additional years of warranty reasonable,though I have never purchased one before.
You can buy 4 years of warranty for under $400, but sometimes you have to make your dealer happy.

I don't know if the Versys would be my 'last' bike. My last bike would probably be something I can admire sitting there in my golden years as much as I enjoyed riding it.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
:eek: Our days are numbered from the moment we are born. The more serious we get the more we pay attention is all. At a bike show last week some guy had a bike powered by a flathead Ford V-8 engine. Cool bike actually. I didn't see a transmission. Oh, he says "thats because it's direct drive"!!! (you have to pull the clutch in when you come to a stop and lock it. He used two hands to demonstrate it.) I asked how fast he's gone on it and he said "I've hit a hundred a few times, I'm no dare devil, I'm 73 you know"
The V is a great bike but you have time for more. There are some nice scooters out there as well when you're feeling lazy. Enjoy the process, choosing a bike is one of the great moments of life.:thumb:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts