Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of days back I started to get 'cabin-fever' (NO idea why..., it was about 20C = 70F!), so I saddled-up the GREEN HORNET TOO, then headed E and NE to the local ski-hill, BIG WHITE, about 50 kms/30 miles away.

Leaving town on BC 33 I was expecting NOT to get there, as the NEWS had talked about that hwy being closed due slides, but it was clear (w/ quite a bit of sand here-and-there), so I was being cautious but enjoying the ride. Turning off BC 33 at the BIG WHITE turn-off starts a PILE of "climbing-twisties", the roads now MOSTLY sandy, muddy (as snow/salt melted),

BIG drifts along the sides, and I was able to ride right into the Village, so enjoy the pics:

As you can see, even NOW (after much melting) there's STILL probably FOUR FEET of snow on roofs, and EIGHT FEET on the ground, but it was a nice day to be riding!

:clap:

Of course - as soon as I arrived back home I had to get out the pressure-washer to clean off all that mud and salt....

:huh:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
That's precisely why we're still in San Antonio and not at Moosehead Lake, Maine. There is entirely too much of that devilish white stuff on the ground - and the lake is still largely frozen over! I think the locals have pretty much given up on Spring this year.

·
Super Moderator
18,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's precisely why we're still in San Antonio and not at Moosehead Lake, Maine. There is entirely too much of that devilish white stuff on the ground - and the lake is still largely frozen over! I think the locals have pretty much given up on Spring this year.
Arion - you could ALWAYS come HERE....>:)

All the snow is gone from town here in Nelson, but you don’t have to go too far up the hills to find it!
NO snow around town (Kelowna). BIG WHITE is several thousand feet (4,950' ASL at the village) higher than here (1,400'ASL).

·
Registered
363 Posts
Meanwhile in Colorado the snow line is already up to around 9500ft. Rode Cameron pass last weekend and I didn't see snow by the roadside until around 9500ft, surprisingly little gravel even over 10,000ft, though definitely some wet spots from melting snow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts