Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd never broached the subject to my wife of putting a new exhaust on my V, then a funny thing happened this weekend. A family member showed up at a family event on his Kawasaki Ninja with a Yoshi carbon fiber exhaust. I took it for a spin and she loved how it sounded and requested that I make my bike sound like that.

Score!

I knew she'd never be okay with me spending the money on an exhaust unless it was her idea.. turns out I was right.

Now I'm looking for your recommendations.

I've previously done a bit of research and was leaning towards the Yoshi before this weekend, but need to know which model works on our V. Plus I'm interested to see what other brands you guys might suggest.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts
I have a Carbon Fiber Yoshi which i like a lot. But if i were to get rid of it for another pipe i'd pick a Scorpion.

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
yeah leo vince has a few nice options, I have the oval one and love it

sounds great low-mid rpm with baffle in, but barely noticeable when cruising

·
Registered
333 Posts
I love my Leo Vince underbody. Looks great, sounds great; it gives the bike a distinctive tone without being a droning sound or overly loud (at least with the dB killer in). I'm very impressed with the build quality.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I have the Leo Vince underbody exhaust also. Nice low growl, I left the db killer in as I don't like obnoxious. I liked that it mounts in the same place as stock, centered under the bike. I would think it's not a great option if you're going to do a lot of off-road riding, but I don't expect to leave the asphalt.
Good fit and finish, easy to install.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Almost four years runing between the stock muffler and a Cherry Bomb. Lots of info on it here and I still think its the best sound for dollor spent. inho.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Kawasaki Ninja with a Yoshi carbon fiber exhaust. I took it for a spin and she loved how it sounded and requested that I make my bike sound like that.
It will be very expensive to put a 4 cylinder motor into your Versys. That is the only way to make it sound like a Ninja. Sorry

·
Registered
575 Posts
Cuff, are you talking about those red cherry bomb pipes for cars? How did you mount it?

It does sound good!
Hey there,

This mod has been done quite a bit, a search would give you more information than I can but here is a cut and paste from my video.

The muffler is a Cherry Bomb Turbo #87701. You can get it at any NAPA Auto parts store for around $35 plus a "1-11/16 to "2 connecting pipe and pipe clamps. The exhaust tip I just made out of some "2 I.D. bent pipe I had lying around the garage. To hang the muffler I used "1 aluminium flat bar bent to fit and bolted it to one of the factory mounting holes.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You guys took me too literally... haha.

It doesn't have to sound exactly like a Ninja... she (and I) just wanted it sound lower and sportier.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
692 Posts
I ordered a Delkevic SS70 last week. It should arrive tomorrow and I hope to install it on the weekend. I'm excited to make a little noise in the neighborhood.

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts
Which Yoshi model is this and how/where did you get the 6 inch extension? I like how the exhaust actually comes out from below the bike like this.

Here's where i got mine..

Without The DB Killer..

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
This is the only exhaust I've seen on the Versys that comes out and up the side a bit, as all exhausts should!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts