Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am 61 years old and live with disabilities and don't want to stop riding. I am 5foot 8 and wieght about 280 lbs. with a 29 inch inseam. I am looking for good duelsport pants in at least size 50 inch. 52 would be better. Most pant makers can not agree on how to size their products but if there are any of you Husky guys that have found pants please contact me....

Thank you in advance.... and YES I should lose some weight !!!!

Cb

·
Registered
80 Posts
cb1313,

I looked around the web for a few minutes, looking for pants like you have described. I saw the problem: manufacturers don't like to go beyond waist sizes 44 for many of the products and 48 for a few others.

In case you haven't checked into this other angle, I wanted to mention it: possibly purchasing an armored pair of blue or black motorcycle jeans from Diamond Gusset Jeans. They offer many waist/inseam combinations.

http://www.gussetclothing.com/defendb.html

Good luck and safe riding!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pants

Thanks for looking and yes 44 is where most sizes stop. My other bike is a yamaha Venture midnight and I do have Kevlar jeans but I am looking for something other than jeans. I have found "over pants" in large sizes but I am looking for regular pants. Here in Arkansas the summer temps get over 100 degs. for weeks at a time. really don't want to wear 2 pairs of pants.

again thanks for looking Cb

·
Registered
80 Posts
Thanks for looking and yes 44 is where most sizes stop. My other bike is a yamaha Venture midnight and I do have Kevlar jeans but I am looking for something other than jeans. I have found "over pants" in large sizes but I am looking for regular pants. Here in Arkansas the summer temps get over 100 degs. for weeks at a time. really don't want to wear 2 pairs of pants.

again thanks for looking Cb
I will keep my eyes open for the kind of pants you are looking for...

·
Premium Member
16,105 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
cb1313,

I contacted Revzilla concerning riding pants in the size you are interested in: they recommend the Joe Rocket Phoenix 3.0 Pants in size 5XL....so I think Lours_Polaire was giving you a good lead.

Good luck with this topic!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts