Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi-

Looking for input from Sedro Tom or any other Western Washington riders.

Since getting my Versys 650 last year I've been struggling with finding the "right kind" of areas to practice off-pavement riding. By "right kind" I don't mean single-track motocross areas. What I'm looking for would be more like an abandoned gravel pit, or similar cleared area with a gravel/sand/dirt surface. Relatively flat and large enough that I could play with the bike without fear of doing anything more than dropping it.

Forest service roads are usually too narrow, hilly, trafficed, etc for me to get too adventurous on them.

Thanks

dm

·
Super Moderator
19,595 Posts
...Relatively flat and large enough that I could play with the bike without fear of doing anything more than dropping it.

Forest service roads are usually too narrow, hilly, trafficed, etc for me to get too adventurous on them.

Thanks

dm
Altho' I'm N of you, in BC, I suggest that you find some "forest service roads" that are not currently servicing any logging operations, and head in, but prepared to do a "180" and get the 'heck' out if it becomes gnarly.

My experience w/ 'gravel pits' is that the stuff is TOO LOOSE, leading to crashing.

:goodluck:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts