Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and this is the email I received:

Hello,

Just checked my e- mail. Yes, the bike is still available. It has some minor issues. My nephew (14 yrs old) was sitting on it one day and let it fall over. It bent the handle bar on the left side up about 2 inches and put a small crack on the left plastic cover by the tank. I was going to replace the handle bars (about $70.00 on line) but I just bent it back into position. I've included some more pictures. I believe you can see the small crack in one of them. Other than that, the bike is mint. The bike only has 2760 easy miles. I'm an older guy (46) and was not into crazy stunts.

How big of a concern is this and what would you advise I do?

·
Registered
330 Posts
and this is the email I received:

Hello,

Just checked my e- mail. Yes, the bike is still available. It has some minor issues. My nephew (14 yrs old) was sitting on it one day and let it fall over. It bent the handle bar on the left side up about 2 inches and put a small crack on the left plastic cover by the tank. I was going to replace the handle bars (about $70.00 on line) but I just bent it back into position. I've included some more pictures. I believe you can see the small crack in one of them. Other than that, the bike is mint. The bike only has 2760 easy miles. I'm an older guy (46) and was not into crazy stunts.

How big of a concern is this and what would you advise I do?
The plastic cover is just cosmetic. Owners often replace bars with something that has a more personal height or reach, so that's not a big deal. I'd replace them, though!

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'd make sure nothing else is bent. His story sounds plausible but that doesn't mean that's what actually happened.

Keep your eyes open for more damage.

·
Registered
58 Posts
My advise would be talk him down on his asking price (due to damage), then take the money saved for some new bars, maybe look at fixing or replacing the cracked plastic, depending on how bad it is. Then go ride!!!

·
Registered
774 Posts
Bars are cheap. Plastic, radiators, frames are not cheap. I'd be looking for signs of a crash.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts