Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a delivery late last night, after 7pm. Cannot wait to get this on my V and hear what she sounds like. One question, does anyone know what is the little round disk with the 5 holes in it? Im assuming it goes in front of the inlet pipe cause thats the only place it fits. Looks like some sort of baffle?

Attachments

·
Registered
281 Posts
Sweet - Congrats!

I'm not certain as I don't have experience with this exhaust, but I'm assuming it's a silencer to help reduce sound levels. I'm sure someone more knowledgable than myself will chime in.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Give it back to the man in the brown truck.......with my forwarding address on it!

Please?!

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I wasn't going to bother but then my curiosity got the best of me so I pulled mine off because I didn't remember a baffle disc like you have there. Sure enough, nothing there. I would say to leave it out, just mount the silencer as built. In fact, I'm going to drill a few 1/4" holes in the baffle plate on mine:

EDIT: I ended up drilling one 3/8" hold in the center of the first baffle. Remounted it. Didn't really make any difference but will flow just a tiny bit more. Dismounting and remounting is a PITA. It's a tight fit!

·
Registered
9 Posts
It's a baffle plate that reduces noise output, had them in my Super Duke really could hear the difference without much of a power loss.

Wes

2010 Kawasaki Versys
2008 Kawasaki Concours 1400
2010 Husaberg FE390
2009 Husaberg FE450

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've got the same exhaust and don't recall that piece. I'd say leave it out. The exhaust isn't too loud as is.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Nice!

Thanks for sharing...I ordered one from www.surfsidemoto.com for my 2011 Versys. Good low end growl...but not overbearing. I'm sure you already know...but for others that may be interested...I could be wrong...but I think that's a baffle...their website indicates "Many LeoVince exhaust systems include a removable E-approved baffle that let's you stay quiet on the street, but is easy to remove for track day use."

Peace...

If the wheels ain't turnin' you ain't learnin'.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts