Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Very well suited to some passenger ride time now.

Any idea of how much weight it will hold safely yet?
Not as of yet. I do not really know the proper way to test that. I grabbed the top of the backrest and pulled back on it as hard as I could; seemed stable. Any ideas on how to properly test this issue besides my "*******-yank-and-jerk" method??

·
Registered
739 Posts
Very nice! It does look like an official Kawasaki accessory.

I would be satisfied with the ******* strength test. The back rest is not supposed to function as a lazy-boy anyway, it is there as a safety precaution, right?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Very nice! It does look like an official Kawasaki accessory.

I would be satisfied with the ******* strength test. The back rest is not supposed to function as a lazy-boy anyway, it is there as a safety precaution, right?

Thanks!!

It is most definitely there as a safety precaution, but the wife would really appreciate the fact that she will not have to stare at the back of my helmet for the rides that we do.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Well, took a ride with my son using the back rest. As we were riding, I felt a sudden drag and a loud strange noise. I looked in the rearview mirror and my son had his arms out like a airplane and yelling "WOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!!" It was alot more comfortable riding and he was able to look around and enjoy the scenary.:clap:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Shadman - Very nice job! And it truly looks stock. Would you be willing to post any more close-ups of just the back rest and your mounting to the bike?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Shadman - Very nice job! And it truly looks stock. Would you be willing to post any more close-ups of just the back rest and your mounting to the bike?
Let me "clean" up some of the welds first...It looks good from a distance, but close up some of the welds look ugly.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Very nice. You beat me to it. That was going to be my winter project this year.
The back rest actually comes out of the bracket, so I am gonna make a luggage rack that will fit in its place; Come to think of it, I could use both the back rest and luggage rack together....:yeahsmile:

21 - 31 of 31 Posts