Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed Rox Risers 2" anti vibe version. I have searched the forum and find that most folks say the oem clutch cable will work with these risers. However, I broke the adjuster for the clutch when testing turn left all the way.

I can't see any way the clutch cable is long enough with these risers. I moved them to almost all the way forward and still the cable is just too short.

Where do I find a cable about 2" longer than standard??!

Thanks for any thots or ideas......

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
You can get a slightly shorter one from the ER-6/Ninja 650R, but not a longer one... Have you not rerouted it as recommended?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I removed the clutch cable from the upper "wire hoop", and yet, no matter how I try to shorten the route, there is not enough cable for left turn to the stop.
It is a 2008 that I bought a few months back, so I don't know if the cable has been replaced.
I will search some more for the reccommended re route. Maybe I am missing how to do it right.....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, I think I have it. I pulled the cable out of the "middle" hoop, put it back thru the upper one and there is plenty of length now. It appears to be a nice clean route, but will look closer before calling it done!
Thanks Invader.....

·
Super Moderator
19,748 Posts
NO problems w/ either of my Vs w/ 2" ROX RISERS and OEM cables.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts