Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone on here have Netflix, and see the show they have called "long way round"? I watched the first 3 episodes, and despite the slow start am starting to enjoy it. It is Ewan McGregor and his friend Charlie and they take motorcycles from London to New York by heading east. It is a "reality" show, but seems to actually have some reality in it. Its a hell of a lot better than a lot of the crap out there. So if you have Netflix maybe give it a try, just be aware the real trip doesn't start till episode 2 or 3 but the time building up is pretty entertaining.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Watched it years ago,when it was being shown on TV,and really enjoyed it.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Man, where have you been for the past 10 years? ;)
It keeps getting better and better the further into the trip they go. The whole thing is somewhat controversial among the armchair explorers on advrider who criticize them for having a support vehicle and carrying too much stuff, but it makes for great tv.

some years later they also did Long Way Down through Africa. Worth watching but probably not as as good as LWR.

In between those two Charlie also did Race To Dakar where he attempts to ride the Dakar in the one of the last years in Africa. This is really worth watching, more for the inside view of the race than about Charlie's attempt. Not sure if that is on Netflix or not but worth picking up on dvd if you can

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
It's certainly a lot better than Keeping Up With The Swamp Logger Naked And Afraid Real Housewives Of The Yukon. :D

·
Registered
873 Posts
When you finish long way around, and long way down, watch Faster, Fastest, and dust to glory. 2 awesome motogp flicks and 1 really cool Baja 1000. All are on Netflix. You'll watch them more than once.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow didn't realize I was that out of the loop. I will certainly look for all of these. I normally don't watch much TV, but I had nothing going on Saturday night so I decided to see what was on Netflix seeing as I pay for it but rarely use it. Apparently there is decent content out there if you know where to look.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Long Way Round was better than Long Way Down. imo. I actually just watched both like last month on Netflix; so fun. Great Show, Great Guys, Great Journey.

Parts of it just looked so tough and exhausting; I have a lot of respect for both of them now.

Inspirational stuff :D

·
Super Moderator
19,629 Posts
I have a copy of "LWR" in BC as well as in AZ, so I watch it every-now-and-then.

:thumb:

It's hard enough picking up my Vs when they fall over, but a 1200GS...?

:thumbdown:

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Anyone on here have Netflix, and see the show they have called "long way round"? I watched the first 3 episodes, and despite the slow start am starting to enjoy it. It is Ewan McGregor and his friend Charlie and they take motorcycles from London to New York by heading east. It is a "reality" show, but seems to actually have some reality in it. Its a hell of a lot better than a lot of the crap out there. So if you have Netflix maybe give it a try, just be aware the real trip doesn't start till episode 2 or 3 but the time building up is pretty entertaining.
Got it years ago on DVD. And watched Long way down years ago lol

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Thanks for the heads up! :thumb:

We just got Netflix and Amazon Prime! :D

Have seen hardly any of the movies ect. wow like a kid in a candy store! ;)

Will have a look! :thumb:

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Awesome thanks again for bring that up! :thumb:

About half way through! :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
19,629 Posts
Awesome thanks again for bring that up! :thumb:

About half way through! :thumb:
The BEST is yet to come!

·
Registered
162 Posts
After you finish watching LWR pick up the book, makes for an excellent read and provides very interesting supplementary information and back story.

*spoiler alert below*

One thing embarrassing about the TV series is the only two places the boy's had a run in with cars was in my home province of Alberta.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts