Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cycle World has just release their long term Versys report in the Feb. 2009 issue. Quite impressive. I really should have kept mine, but I'll probably end up buying another to keep my Goldwing company.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Was curious

Hey Dallas...Now I now I have a sub to Cycleworld and I'm a good week or 2 away from the Feb issue, so, how'd you get one:confused: Maybe you are one of the contributing editors ;)

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Hey Dallas...Now I now I have a sub to Cycleworld and I'm a good week or 2 away from the Feb issue, so, how'd you get one:confused: Maybe you are one of the contributing editors ;)
I have an online subscription as well as a hard copy sub. Haven't received the hard copy yet but the online Feb issue is up as of today. Here's a link to the digital subscription if you are interested. It's only about $12.00 for two years or something like that.

https://www.neodata.com/hfm/cwld/

·
Registered
434 Posts
No, this is what the 3 rider/editors from the magazine think about it after 10K miles.
Are the online and print versions different? The editor that requested the quotes from owners here clearly stated they'd be in the February issue.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Are the online and print versions different? The editor that requested the quotes from owners here clearly stated they'd be in the February issue.
No, the online and printed versions are the same. It's just available quicker online. The site won't allow me to post the article so if you want to view it you have to buy the online subscription. About $12.00 for two years.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I question the 43 mpg. Even when pushing it, I get around 50.
Do you have a after market pipe? I got around 47mpg when I push it, I have a Arrow slip on pipe... Normal riding, I got around 52 mpg.

I think my MPG drop a little with after market piple... Used to get around 55mpg before the piple.

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
I question the 43 mpg. Even when pushing it, I get around 50.
43 mpg must include some pretty hard riding and testing at higher rpm's... I average 55 miles per US gallon (66 per imp gal) under normal riding with my Muzzy header, custom slip-on, Pipercross air filter, some porting, TB vacuum hose mod, Amsoil synthetic oil, and ignition timing advanced 5 degrees.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Glad to hear the mileage is a bit better than the 43 they indicate in the article. I'm really interested in one of these as a first bike but I get 32 out of my Miata. I have to justify it somehow!!! ;) Does FUN count??

·
Registered
364 Posts
You'll never save gas by buying a motorcycle because you'll ending up putting twice as many miles on it.
You will see things and go places that you otherwise wouldn't have.

As for the 43 mpg figure, maybe he rides uphill both ways?

·
Super Moderator
19,450 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
You'll never save gas by buying a motorcycle because you'll ending up putting twice as many miles on it.
Several of the folks on one of the other hobby sites that I visit said the same thing about reloading ammo. ;) Hmmmmm, another expensive hobby in my future? No . . . it's transportation! Yeah!! That's it . . . transportation!!

Hey, it's my story. I'll tell it like I want to!!!

Whit

1 - 19 of 19 Posts