Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have a tinted one of Mike's Touring Windscreens, and between me and the shop there are three cracks out of three of the screw holes. I also found this windscreen to be maybe slightly too short. So, are the Givi screens taller than Mike's touring? Are they less likely to crack from over tightening?

·
Registered
852 Posts
I've had my Givi windscreen for almost 2 years and does not have any cracks. Many of the riders below 6' say that it provides great wind protection. On the other hand I'm 6'2" and I experience helmet buffeting at higher speeds, 70 mph and above. Over all I'm happy with the quality of the Givi and I can live with the helmet buffeting.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Ditto exactly.

I've had my Givi windscreen for almost 2 years and does not have any cracks. Many of the riders below 6' say that it provides great wind protection. On the other hand I'm 6'2" and I experience helmet buffeting at higher speeds, 70 mph and above. Over all I'm happy with the quality of the Givi and I can live with the helmet buffeting.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I've tried both MikeShields and Givi; and more recently the medium CalSci - on my 09V and my 2010 V. The CalSci is the best for overall riding comfort. I also had cracks on the 09 V MikeShields screen.

The CalSci has more options for a taller shield. You should call them, ask for Mark, and get his recommendation for size.

The material in the CalSci is thicker and seems less likely to crack. I've drilled it, ground it; all without any problem with cracks.

·
Registered
52 Posts
At 6'4" with a long torso I have accepted the fact that anything over 60 mph will be a little rough. I can't bring myself to buy a Calsci shield, the look is just to industrial for me. IMHO they just don't look like they belong on the bike.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I'm with Mile High. I know the Cal Sci shields are very good but I don't like the look. I'm going Givi during the "It is Winter, Can't Ride Farkle-Fest 2010-2011"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts