Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rode from San Diego to Lake Havasu on Saturday, spent the night and rode back Sunday. CJBROWN joined our usual group and we had a great time. Here's a few pics....

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
A fun ride. Great bunch of guys to ride and camp with. Everybody was capable and independent, and very sane riders. We did about 700 miles in a 48 hour period, at least 16 hours of saddle time.

Half way across the desert I expected to gas up (Desert Center) and everything there has closed down from the economy. So I was short of fuel to make it the next 100 miles to the next town. Fortunately a funny ol' lady in a broken down cafe said we could find gas at the new road-race track up the road about 5 miles. We should'a got some pictures there, was way cool. So they gassed me up and we made 80-90 across the dez to Parker AZ.

Now, we had the best campsite on the lake with our own private beach. And all these guys are educated and capable, but do you think they would cook? So where's the women???? Dinner was pizza, delivered, to the state park. Oh my God!! We ate pizza and drank ice cold beer and kicked back. What a day. And when they answer the phone at the pizza joint they wanted to know if we're on the water or on the land... :teetertooter:

Anyway, was way fun. Here's a couple'a pics I took...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts