Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Team

Long time no post but my 2008 Versys with only a face a mother could love is still alive and kicking.

Decided to enter in a fun advent over 2 days in February the TT 2000. For sure its not iron butt standards but NZ roads are not super highways and this ride takes you off the beaten track on roads you would never think of riding. Scottish theme this year. Check out the link at see what you think. TT2000 Long Distance Motorcycle Rally

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hi Team

Long time no post but my 2008 Versys with only a face a mother could love is still alive and kicking.

Decided to enter in a fun advent over 2 days in February the TT 2000. For sure its not iron butt standards but NZ roads are not super highways and this ride takes you off the beaten track on roads you would never think of riding. Scottish theme this year. Check out the link at see what you think. TT2000 Long Distance Motorcycle Rally
Sounds like so much fun!!! Also very envious that's it's summer time down there! We have a half foot of snow on the ground and riding season about 3 months (or more) away. Have fun and hope you share pictures!

·
Registered
4,943 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Well done.Ive been thinking of doing that ride for a while,not sure if the body can take it.The reports about the tt2000 and the NI1600 sound good.If you ever come up this way,we could ride the Coromandel loop and other rides.

Happy riding

·
Super Moderator
20,089 Posts
Hi Team
It's GREAT hearing from you Phil!

BTW - MY '08 V is still...alive and kicking... TOO!

(y)(y)

:cool:

·
Premium Member
8,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds like a fun ride. Did you happen to read the book "Twisting Throttle New Zealand" - a Kiwi's guide to the top 50 motorcycle rides in the Land of the Long White Cloud, and do you recommend it as a guide for someone who hopes to visit and ride?
Yep got that book and the guy that wrote that book is one of the original organisers of the TT 2000. If you are going to ride then highly highly recommend that book

·
Premium Member
8,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well done.Ive been thinking of doing that ride for a while,not sure if the body can take it.The reports about the tt2000 and the NI1600 sound good.If you ever come up this way,we could ride the Coromandel loop and other rides.

Happy riding
This year it starts/ends in Oamaru which is just 80km south of me.

·
Premium Member
8,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My 2008 Versys died on this ride yesterday, very sad. Master link on the chain came off while i was cranking it around a corner above 100kph or 60 mph. Bike stood up and free wheel across to wrong side of the bend( thank goodness no cars were coming the other way) Drive sprocket jammed up by the chain did damage all around sprocket area. decided to write it off. Picking up a 2016 650 Versys tommorow all fully kitted out with heated grips, panniers and top box, engine guard, bark busters etc.

·
Registered
121 Posts
My 2008 Versys died on this ride yesterday, very sad. Master link on the chain came off while i was cranking it around a corner above 100kph or 60 mph. Bike stood up and free wheel across to wrong side of the bend( thank goodness no cars were coming the other way) Drive sprocket jammed up by the chain did damage all around sprocket area. decided to write it off. Picking up a 2016 650 Versys tommorow all fully kitted out with heated grips, panniers and top box, engine guard, bark busters etc.
Wow, sorry to hear but hopefully you are OK. Congrats on the new ride!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts