Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems this forum is empty, and not as busy as the UK forum.

Maloy

·
Registered
2 Posts
yeah,where is everybody that has test drove the Versys so we can decide if that is what we want to spend our hard earned money on?

·
Registered
63 Posts
welcome guys... We're a brand new site (2 days old actually) and we're going to work on bringing in some valuable info for the members but like most user driven sites the quality of the content is up to you guys... We just need a few "regulars" here to start posting often and we should be good-to-go...

So stick around and be sure to tell your friends to come and make this their new hangout... :)

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
yeah,where is everybody that has test drove the Versys so we can decide if that is what we want to spend our hard earned money on?
Well Fred I have a Versys, and I think it was well worth the Money! It's not a fast bike on the high end, but has plenty of low end grunt.

It is a blast on the back roads and twisties. The only bad part is the crappy Dunlop OEM tires. They are good when it is warm and dry. Okay in the wet, but less than 50 degrees on wet asphalt they suck.

However, below you will find a link to the AMA review and they are spot on. I also added a couple of other links of interest.

My other bike is a KLR which I use as a two wheel jeep.

Maloy

http://www.amadirectlink.com/news/2007/Versys/

Versys accessories

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productlist/652/

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello Maloy. I currently own a dr 650 se 2007. It is a lot of fun when riding single, but the seat is uncomfortable on rides after a couple of hours of riding, especially for a passenger.I love the fast take off more than top end speed.I have had it up to 95 mph while riding alone.Some of the people I ride with drive about 80 mph, but with a passenger that is pushing the limits.I want a bike that will cruise at 80 with a passenger if needed. but will have quick take off and acceleration at low end.I dont ride in dirt as much as I thought I would, so I want something more street oriented.I have seen videos of people riding the Versys and it looked as though the torque was enough to bring the front wheel off the ground with throttle only. I would love to have low end torque like that. Can you tell me if that is true? And is it comfortable enough to cruise on a long day trip? Thanks, Fredb

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fred,

The Versys will work perfect two up and running 95mph. I highly recommend you go to a demo if you can find one near your area. It is more comfortable than the DR, and I average around 53mpg when riding with some of the guys that have cruisers.

They get a little surprised when a bike less than half their displacement takes them to task. About the fastest I've had the Versys is around 115 based upon the GPS readings I was getting. It will move, and I suspect a little tuning and altering the rev limiter the little bike should do 135 safely, however that is theory.

There are a couple of guys I know that I'm taking the bike to them once the warranty is up. They've done some neat things with the 650r and really want to get their hands on a Versys.

Maloy

·
Registered
875 Posts
Re:empty room

Hey Maloy, found this old thread and noticed you were one of the folks in on the ground floor, so to speak, and are still around posting. Thanks for helping to get the ball rolling!:cheers:

AND:welcome:BTW!:stickpoke:

·
Premium Member
16,310 Posts
Lonely and empty room

kinda like a fat chicks vagina until last call...:teetertooter:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Well, I joined in March. I don't have that many posts, nor have I started that many threads. I have learned a great deal, and been able to do all the research I have needed to make informed purchases and repairs.

I thoroughly enjoy this site and the people that frequent it. Has made for some interesting time vortexes.

J

·
Premium Member
8,599 Posts
Well, I joined in March. I don't have that many posts, nor have I started that many threads. I have learned a great deal, and been able to do all the research I have needed to make informed purchases and repairs.

I thoroughly enjoy this site and the people that frequent it. Has made for some interesting time vortexes.

J
I also joined in march and have made a couple of posts :D must have to much time on my hands, actually do enjoy the great company when working night shift like right now. :cheers: all you fine Versys owners and have a blessed and safe Christmas

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
A two year old freaking thread revived?? FOR WHAT???? SHEESH!

It was a waste of space in its first life.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.