Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day to all.

Been an owner/rider since 1976 with no breaks. I have run the gauntlet of styles and manufacturers. Currently own a 2000 Gold Wing SE that I purchased in 2006 and a 2008 Versys that I picked up this past April.

After owning a 2000 KLR650, I wanted to get back into adventure riding. The Wing is great for LD, but weak on gravel/unimproved roads.

I am located in Nova Scotia, Canada.

Looking forward to hearing/reading about many subjects.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I reside in the frozen tundra of Canada. JK, I reside in Nova Scotia just above latitude 45°. I moved here in 1999 from Eastern, North Carolina, after meeting my wife. I hold dual citizenship and my wife and I frequently travel back to my old home area of NC so that I can, as my wife puts it: recharge my accent.

Most people are surprised when I tell them that we live further south in Nova Scotia than a lot of people in the northern U.S. But, look at a map, follow latitude 45° across the map from east to west and you will see that it’s true.

There is some truly magnificent scenery here in NS. But I can’t access a lot of it from the seat of my Gold Wing. Which is why I purchased the Versys. And I am looking forward to learning as much as I can about my Versys and riding tips.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Welcome Southern Canadian!
What Versys did you get?
BTW guess Honda is coming out with a new Wing very shortly. Saw a thing on twitter about it this morning.

·
Premium Member
16,141 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Welcome from the southern Canadian province of Texas!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
I reside in the frozen tundra of Canada. JK, I reside in Nova Scotia just above latitude 45°. I moved here in 1999 from Eastern, North Carolina, after meeting my wife. I hold dual citizenship and my wife and I frequently travel back to my old home area of NC so that I can, as my wife puts it: recharge my accent.

Most people are surprised when I tell them that we live further south in Nova Scotia than a lot of people in the northern U.S. But, look at a map, follow latitude 45° across the map from east to west and you will see that it’s true.

There is some truly magnificent scenery here in NS. But I can’t access a lot of it from the seat of my Gold Wing. Which is why I purchased the Versys. And I am looking forward to learning as much as I can about my Versys and riding tips.
Welcome from a former Bluenoser (Nova Scotian). You can download the service manual from the Tech Section of this website. You'll also need a pit stand if you don't have one as the Versys has no center stand. You also need the swing arm spools (cheap on ebay - 10mm for 2014 and earlier and 8mm for 2015 and later bikes). Also since it's Nova Scotia (long transition seasons with short summers and mild winters, long mostly cool riding season) you'll need warm gear if you don't have it already and probably heated grips.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts