Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did about 150 miles up in the Sierra's today. Needed to put the final burn on the rear skin before changing it out. Saw 2 lakes, a couple of waterfalls, hydro plant, ski resort, and a buddy's cabin. Weather was perfect with 85 degrees at home and around 65 at the top of the climb. Photographic evidence as follows:

This one is obvious. First stop at Big Creek. It is a So-Cal Edison hydro electric station with a small town grown up around it.
https://www.sierranevadageotourism.org/content/southern-california-edison-big-creek-hydroelectric-project/sie5ee9ccaf96c262c3c

Buddy Jim's cabin. We will be staying there Saturday the 16th for the annual High Pipe event at the ski resort just across the lake.

Waterfall action up on Kaiser Ridge Road.

Serious agua. Swimming not recommended.

Day lodge at the ski resort

Creek behind the day lodge

The hotel

Versys keeping the tree company

Find the motorcyle...Lol.

Huntington Lake. Around 7000 foot elevation. Great sail boat lake with good afternoon winds.

Dropping down into the poor air quality valley.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
167 Posts
Love me some Sierras.

I am riding across our great country in part just to see them again. Take me back to my youth. Plan to come in via Bend OR around the 8th, then criss-cross the range eight times on my way south to Riverside. I even intend to name my new-to-me 650LT Sierra precisely because this will probably be my last chance to visit them.

If you want to get up out of the valley air around mid July, PM me your digits, we'll ride.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Looks like a great ride, really liked the photos and sites. That water does look intense up on Kaiser Ridge Road. Do you usually ride without the luggage on your LT?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts