Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Took the little Versys 300X up to Spearfish SD (Black Hills) for a couple of days to a get together call NatSTOC. Started out as a Honda ST1100/1300 and NT700 a few years back but most of the Honda riders are now riding different brand bikes. So I go each year to renew and see old /new friends. Decided I wanted to ride the dirt roads in that area (and there are plenty) as I have ridden all of the pavement many times over. The little bike did great and it and I had a great relaxing couple of days riding and exploring. Next year if I can find a ride partner I will seek out some more technical roads than what I did. The Little Gray bike even smoked some Harley Davidson's riding up and down Spearfish Canyon. (but then again that is not too hard to do:grin2:>:))

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,218 Posts
Very Nice...

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Great photos and Spearfish Canyon is a very nice ride as well. Used to live in Rapid City and visit Spearfish Canyon regularly. Not to hard to believe you trounced a few Hardly-Fergusons either. :grin2::grin2:

·
Registered
56 Posts
I love your setup. Is that the long bed Colorado? I bought the short bed crew cab and I'm starting to think that was a mistake. Do you load and unload the Versys by yourself? What kind of ramps do you use?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I love your setup. Is that the long bed Colorado? I bought the short bed crew cab and I'm starting to think that was a mistake. Do you load and unload the Versys by yourself? What kind of ramps do you use?
V6 crew cab with Long Bed 6 foot 1 inch. Yes I load the little Versys by my self, but I have a nice little hill to back up against, that puts the bed even with the ground. Harbor freight 6 foot ramps 1000lb cap, 50 bucks with a 20% coupon. You can carry the little Versys in a short bed but the rear wheel will be on the tailgate.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Next time you're up this way and want a riding companion give me a shout...I've got a 15' 650 LT with just highway tires but it seems to do just fine on gravel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts