Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So beng an avid motocrosser, and given the V's shaky history of being or not being a semi-dual sport, i thought i'd give her a little go offroad.

And boy can i say, She exceeded my expectations... :D
In this vid, it was actually trip 2 out, and as you can see, it's getting late and on my pirelli/oem-flop the dew was starting to be an issue, so nothing too hardcore this time out lol

·
Registered
236 Posts
That was quite impressive. I ride with a sports bike group and have mine set up with street tires. The few times that I have been on gravel roads I felt that I was going to wreck at any moment, just to washy felling. I grew up on Enduro bikes, the Versy just feels to top heavy to me.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Had the stocker front tire and a Pirelli Angel ST on the back (street tires) in this vid... The first time i hit gravel was a "minimum maintenance road" and hit it going 60 by accident because i didn't realize it was there (long story). Anyways i felt the same as you, like the bike would slip out at any minute... Now that i've got a little more seat time, i figured i'd take the V kinda offroadish (tractor path not in that vid) which was pretty tame.. so i said, well if it can handle this, what else can it handle? lol So i ended up taking it on my four wheeler trail and as a long time dirtbiker, was pretty impressed with the V...

That being said... things i'd change:
Knobbys
Un-lower my suspension (bought it that way)
Skid plate + radiator guard
Taller seat for offroad (i have the OEM low gel seat)

Also, if you've never been offroad before i'm not sure i'd recommend it on the V.... lots of torque + street tires= lot's of potential for the rear to kick out.

I was one of those people that said "gravel road maybe, offroad, i doubt the V can do much" but i've been proven wrong :D

The V is a great little bike, and as Kawasaki intended... you make it what you want it to be... Versatile System=epic win imo :thumb:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts