Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Versys 650 GT & 1400 GTR
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have linked brakes on my 1400 GTR that I love and wish it was on my Versys 650 too.

There's a company here that has started to make a system to fit to bikes..

What are your thoughts on this?

·
Registered
341 Posts
I'll pass

Reactions: Lours_Polaire

·
Registered
191 Posts
They really over dramatize the scare tactics in the marketing article-
"There are two brake levers, each with its own way to kill you. "
"If the tire grips, you might lift up the rear wheel and launch yourself Superman-style over the handlebars. If it doesn't, you can be flat on your face in less than a second. "

Making motorcycling sound terrifying and deadly is an easy way to market a product but I think if you don't know how to use your brakes, you could save $400 and...practice. 🤷‍♀️

How did us older riders ever survive in a world without rider aids? Actual riding skills and real-world experience through 10's of thousands of miles seems so backwards when you can just buy a gadget to replace a critical rider skill.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have a GTR 1400 with linked brakes but thats for a bike thats
flashed and does 100 + mph in
2nd gear...my versys650 feels like a fun little toy in comparison and love just using
the rear brake and engine braking

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
I have a GTR 1400 with linked brakes but thats for a bike thats
flashed and does 100 + mph in
2nd gear...my versys650 feels like a fun little toy in comparison and love just using
the rear brake and engine braking
Mine hit the rev limiter at 90 in 2nd gear. The flash raise the rev limit?

I'm more of an engine brake while applying front brakes since the engine braking is acting on the rear wheel.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Mine hit the rev limiter at 90 in 2nd gear. The flash raise the rev limit?

I'm more of an engine brake while applying front brakes since the engine braking is acting on the rear wheel.
flash raises the rev limiter 5k rpms (optional) on Ivans flash
others Steves flash and woolich
may be different
...no rear brake while engine braking...different applications and situations

·
Registered
17 Posts
What's the point of linked brakes? I had different BMW GSs with that feature, yes they anchor easily using just one lever, but so what? The price I paid: new rear pads every 6K miles, like clock work. Also, your bike probably has ABS, that's a lot of built in safety. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts