Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Like stepping into HEAVEN for a future Versys owner!

6K views 33 replies 22 participants last post by  Ocean 
#1 ·
Hey all... a while back I posted during another thread that I would tease you with some of the colors you may be hoping to have back in the US (those other Americans out there besides me) next year! I live in Medellin, Colombia and am working on getting my Versys, and have actually decided to go ahead and try to finance one here instead of waiting to get one over Christmas and have to ship it down here from North Carolina!

So anyway, for all you stuck with only the red option, check out this beautiful sight I saw when walking into the local Kawasaki shop! I am REALLLY preferential to the burnt orange myself. The blue washes out in the picture, and is much more dark in person. The black was sold yesterday, so don't have a pic of that. Enjoy!

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Haha...you guys and the GREEN!

I guess I just don't like the Kawy green for the wrong reason - for years Kawy didn't make the best of sportbikes, and the "losers", "newbies" or "squids" always bought a green Ninja, so we often made fun of that. Now I associate that ugly green with those feelings. I guess it's like saying you don't like peas simply because you didn't like the look of them as a kid!

Anyway, I'm sticking with the burt-orange if I can have it my way...

#12 ·
I like the red, because I like being asked if the V is a Ducati. It's a great way to meet new people. Since it's not an all-black angry looking cruiser or color-splashed super-sport people feel comfortable just walking up and asking what it is.

I like that.

#13 ·
I waited long (and paid more) to get my hands on a black one. And I lurv my black V.

#15 ·
It’s going to be a long cold winter…I’m thinking paint job. But what color? I like all four. Green would be cool. :yeahsmile:

#18 ·
Lol!
I must admit, I was not too fond of the red when I first got it, but it has grown on me, a lot!!! Given a choice, I would likely get black or silver, but am happy with my red. On the confusion note, I took the Kawi stickers off my V., and left the "Versys" stickers. The other day, some friends and I had a good laugh at work as we watched a group of people gather round my V., looking all confused, circling the bike over and over. One fellow was even crawling around on his hands and knees for a couple of minutes!!! I can only assume he was trying to decipher who the hell makes this funky looking critter!!!:huh: I opted to let him remain confused. :D
Fukken cheers,
Erik!!!

#22 ·
Lol!
The other day, some friends and I had a good laugh at work as we watched a group of people gather round my V., looking all confused, circling the bike over and over. One fellow was even crawling around on his hands and knees for a couple of minutes!!! I can only assume he was trying to decipher who the hell makes this funky looking critter!!!:huh: I opted to let him remain confused. :D
Fukken cheers,
Erik!!!
Ha ha! Funny stuff:thumb:

#20 ·
If I was allowed to mix and match, I'd probably opt for the blue with black frame and forks. That being said though, I'm amazed at how much attention I get with the red one. I've only had my V for 5 days and I can't believe how many questions and compliments I've received. If I was simply hoping to be seen (and not run over), I think I'd get the red again (or maybe a yellow one, but still with the blacked out frame/forks).

#21 ·
I agree about the black part of the frame...I think it would look better on all the colors personally, but really like what it does for the orange (and green, yes I said it!)

Sent my papers into the bank...wish me luck on getting approved to be the next happy Versys owner!

#23 ·
I love the Green just because Green is my favorite color. To tell the truth though, they could paint this bike any hideous color they want and I'd still be happy to ride the hell out of it. It's too damn good.

I love the Red and really don't want to change it. Had it been a toss up between the red and the green though, the green would have probably won out.

Oh, and Good Luck BigTexas! I know you're gonna love this bike. What color you gettin??

#24 ·
Oh, and Good Luck BigTexas! I know you're gonna love this bike. What color you gettin??
I am achiiiiiing to get the bike! Actually just find out that the father of one of my students is the head of the family-ownership of Auteco, which sells/imports all the major brands down here including the importation rights of Kawasaki. Hoping he can get me a good deal.

Without a doubt, if it is available when I buy, I will be getting the burnt-orange!

#27 ·
Gotta have Black or Silver. I do not like the black wheels through. And I like the idea of an ABS option!

Skeezix

#29 ·
Good deal...I see it now!

My love for orange came from a Plymouth Prowler I owned with my ex-wife. The car itself was worthless, but it was fun as hell and got a ton of attention! What I wouldn't give to have that back and ship it down here!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.