Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sorry to have been offline so long. between being sick and work I haven't had time or felt much like it.

But

I added driving light to the Verys and they make a big difference. They are the more or less common Cree 10 LED jobs. I got mine from SuperbrightLED.com in the 25deg but there are 10deg one I have seen on E-Bay that I think would be a better choice. These little puppies with light up the road and anything else and at the price are worth it if you ride at night or just want to have a better chance of being seen in the day.

So I have the front end cover in the rear I added the Admorelight kit to my V35 and they work nicely and add a lot more light to the rear on the bike, having more than a single light source helps drive to be able to judge distance I found when reading up on additional motorcycle lighting. They can be wired to run with the tail light, brake light and blinkers, I passed on the binkers but may add them latter.

Next was a brake light modulator. It took me a bit to find one I liked the look of that didn't cost an arm and leg but I did and it's both small and easy to install and low cost I paid $19.95 plus S & H. I got it from xdponline.

http://stores.ebay.com/xdponline/Brake-Flasher-/_i.html?_fsub=7383237017

The part is in a epoxy block so is water proof and not a bare board as in the photo.

Three wires have you hooked up, power in, brake out and ground. The other wires are for programming, they have a video on programming and it a good thing as there are a lot of options with it. I set mine up the flash 4 times then go solid with a 3 second delay to reactivate, if I tap the brakes at a light they don't flash unless it's been 3 seconds from when they flashed last. Works so well I ordered another one the the Enfield and may put one on the center brake light of my Civic.

Anyway my bike's starting to look like a billboard but if it keeps me alive I don't mind.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Sorry to have been offline so long. between being sick and work I haven't had time or felt much like it.

But

I added driving light to the Verys and they make a big difference. They are the more or less common Cree 10 LED jobs. I got mine from SuperbrightLED.com in the 25deg but there are 10deg one I have seen on E-Bay that I think would be a better choice. These little puppies with light up the road and anything else and at the price are worth it if you ride at night or just want to have a better chance of being seen in the day.

So I have the front end cover in the rear I added the Admorelight kit to my V35 and they work nicely and add a lot more light to the rear on the bike, having more than a single light source helps drive to be able to judge distance I found when reading up on additional motorcycle lighting. They can be wired to run with the tail light, brake light and blinkers, I passed on the binkers but may add them latter.

Next was a brake light modulator. It took me a bit to find one I liked the look of that didn't cost an arm and leg but I did and it's both small and easy to install and low cost I paid $19.95 plus S & H. I got it from xdponline.

http://stores.ebay.com/xdponline/Brake-Flasher-/_i.html?_fsub=7383237017

The part is in a epoxy block so is water proof and not a bare board as in the photo.

Three wires have you hooked up, power in, brake out and ground. The other wires are for programming, they have a video on programming and it a good thing as there are a lot of options with it. I set mine up the flash 4 times then go solid with a 3 second delay to reactivate, if I tap the brakes at a light they don't flash unless it's been 3 seconds from when they flashed last. Works so well I ordered another one the the Enfield and may put one on the center brake light of my Civic.

Anyway my bike's starting to look like a billboard but if it keeps me alive I don't mind.
Did you order it bike specific ?

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No as a matter of fact I ordered one for a Honda car. However they all seem to be the same and how is it to know it is a Versys and not a Civic? Works just fine.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Good to see your voice Time. Hope you're doing better. I got in a bunch of local riding this summer, but no trips so far. Did you make it down to Mid Ohio in July? I did not this year.

Take care of all my Toledo friends, and get some breeze on your knees!

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A little follow up. Right after I posted the modulator died on me. I tried everything but dead it is. So at this time I'd have to give it 2 thumbs down.

I ordered the GS-100A that Zirconx posted about...well I ordered three of them as that price and free shipping I might as well but one for each bike. Iy'll be a bit before they get here but I'll post back when I get it installed.

Now back to the nasty job of hand polishing the cases on my Royal Enfield Bullet I'm restoring, hay! It's a cheap toy that's starting to really suck on the old wallet...seems they all do though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts