Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wantimg to know if anyone has a) added more lights up front and b) did anything with the rear brake light. My thoughts are (in the name of safety) to add more lights up front. I've seen kits to add two more lights that mount to the plastic off the gas tank. Instead of one center light, onseers will see 3. Second, I'm trying to find a way to make the brake light more noticeable. I've seen some bikes where the brake light flashes when the brake is engaged. Has anyone messed with any of this? Suggestions? Products?

Thanks much!

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I dont have any pics, but I have spot lights mounted on the upper fork tubes right under the plastics. These are hooked up to my high beams.

On the back, I have Givi cases. They come with plastic lens covers that look like taillights, but are just visual. I added some leds behind the lenses that are hooked to my brake lights and turn signals. I forget the brand of the brake lights.

·
Super Moderator
21,531 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
I'm ALL about BEING SEEN - very important as I commute on a motorcycle.

I do professional custom vehicle lighting as a side-gig and I'm a big fan of VLEDs products. I have (2) 6" white strips mounted in the lower air vents in front, (4) 3" amber strips mounted inside each OEM turn signal housing, and (1) 6" red strip mounted on the license plate as an auxiliary brake light. All strips are blindingly bright (in a good way and not bothersome to other motorists), especially the front white and rear red. The rear red strip puts the stock brake light to shame.

The headlight is a custom build using dual-on 2" bi-xenon projectors, 5000K HID kit, and a Morimoto relay harness with timed delay-on. The nighttime output of the headlights is akin to any vehicle with projector lighting and blows the stock headlights out of the water. Here's a video walkaround:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

I do professional custom vehicle lighting as a side-gig and I'm a big fan of VLEDs products. I have (2) 6" white strips mounted in the lower air vents in front, (4) 3" amber strips mounted inside each OEM turn signal housing, and (1) 6" red strip mounted on the license plate as an auxiliary brake light. All strips are blindingly bright (in a good way and not bothersome to other motorists), especially the front white and rear red. The rear red strip puts the stock brake light to shame.

The headlight is a custom build using dual-on 2" bi-xenon projectors, 5000K HID kit, and a Morimoto relay harness with timed delay-on. The nighttime output of the headlights is akin to any vehicle with projector lighting and blows the stock headlights out of the water. Here's a video walkaround:

I have a 2009 so I would have to find some other nooks and crannies to find places for strip lights but this is great. What kind (brand) of strip lights are these?

·
Registered
11 Posts

SS7, that is freaking awesome! I’m sure you’re not near me or I’d ask you to do the same thing to mine. Is that something an average person could do with detailed instructions?

·
Premium Member
16,318 Posts
On the rear of the bike I've used a large admore light bar mounted just above the license plate ADMORE SMT LIGHT BAR (LARGE) - AdMore Lighting Inc. and also added an Admore Light Kit to my Topcases. I have the large Admore Light Bar listed in the for sale section since I'm selling my bike....... Kawasaki Versys 1000LT Goodies For Sale Round 1 Tomorrow i will be listing the Givi E-55 Topcase with Admore Lighting and Back Rest Pad.

Heres a video of the mentioned Admore Lighting i had on my V-650 but the light bar was attached under the top case..

·
Premium Member
11,119 Posts
Looks like I need to update my photo gallery.

Looks like I need some rear photos

That red dot to the left of the speedometer is my fiber optic cable from the brake light for the gear brake module

·
Registered
26 Posts

I'll have to look for a better picture of the aux lights I put on the front but I added this reflective hi-viz tape to my panniers. With the high viz jacket and helmet there is no excuse for vehicles to not see me from behind.

I'll try to grab a pic of the lights I added to the front and post them later.

·
Registered
26 Posts

Here is the best pic I could find of the front aux lights. They are wired through the aux relay so they only run when the bike is on but they also have a switch on the handlebars so they can be turned off; although I've never ridden with them off since installing them. I initially bought some 40W lights from AliExpress but they were entirely too bright for use in traffic. These are 10W single LED lights and I still have them pointed way down to avoid blinding oncoming traffic. They do make the bike much more visible from the front.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts