Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I want to swap the stock headlight bulb to a Philips +130% for the darker winter nights, Ive changed headlights on many vehicles before, but this is eluding me as I can't get my mitts in behind the headlight and the manual has Zero information about changing any of the bulbs. This is a crazy situation as bulbs are a consumable item.
Any helpful advice greatfuly recieved
Thanks

·
Registered
144 Posts
You pretty much have to take off the front plastics to get at it - it's not hard to do, just time consuming.

If you've never removed the side panels, watch this video before attempting.

One more thing, once you do remove the panels, it is easy to install some extra LED lights (if you don't have already). These are useful especially if you are a commuter.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks guys, I managed it in the end, without removing any panels, I found it easier from the left side, and once you know that the electrical plug is on the outside of the rubber boot, its simple

·
Registered
144 Posts
You know, you're absolutely right. Reaching from underneath the headlight plastics from the left it feels easy to get at it. I'm going to look up that bulb and might do the same.

·
Registered
144 Posts
You know, you're absolutely right. Reaching from underneath the headlight plastics from the left it feels easy to get at it. I'm going to look up that bulb and might do the same.
Following up: Thank you Yorkshiregal for the suggestion. I ordered a pair of those Phillips Xtreme +130 last week from Amazon and installed one (without removing plastics) this weekend.

I can't honestly say yet that it is discernibly better but I feel it is an improvement. It looks slightly whiter that the stock running lights. The difference maker for me, though, are the aux LED lights for seeing and being seen.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Following up: Thank you Yorkshiregal for the suggestion. I ordered a pair of those Phillips Xtreme +130 last week from Amazon and installed one (without removing plastics) this weekend.

I can't honestly say yet that it is discernibly better but I feel it is an improvement. It looks slightly whiter that the stock running lights. The difference maker for me, though, are the aux LED lights for seeing and being seen.
Glad you managed to get the bulb changed too. I thought the same about the brightness when I eventually tried them in the dark, but the other thing that struck me was how close to the bike the beam is focused, even with the stock bulb, so maybe the aim needs checking.
Those LED lights look just the job and I dare say that I'll be investing in some in the future

1 - 6 of 6 Posts